• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Estes Pro Series Jayhawk

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickVB

Reaction score
I have an Estes Pro Series Jayhawk, that was opened and pawed, but is complete and in good condition (except for the box, which is only fair). The main decal sheet has some curling; the body tube has a little bit of flattening at the bottom, but otherwise it's pristine. $90 plus shipping.
Estes Jayhawk 3.jpg

Estes Jayhawk.jpg

Estes Jayhawk 2.jpg

Maybe, while you still have possession, you could scan the directions, the decals, and the fin patterns so folks like jimz could add the files to the online library of documentation---

Hmmm... JimZ doesn't seem to have any of the Pro Series kits on his site. Jim, if you're out there, are you interested in this one?

If you get no answer from JimZ,
email me those scans and I'll
host them on my website...

Susan

I love that rocket! I have built 2 of them. Second one, I replaced the tailcone with a balsa one, installed a 29mm motor tube, and fiberglassed the fins. Lost it with a G35 at NSL 2003 :(

Sue,
Love the 29mm MM tutorial on your website.
Will have to work it into a rocket or three soon.

I looked on Sue's site but didn't find this although I did find lots of pictures and cool videos. What am I missing?

To be honest, the Estes version is for sentimental value. Madcow Rocketry produces a Jayhawk that a bit less expensive and comes with better materials, otherwise I'd like to have this one. :(

Peartree,

Go to Dr. Sue's site and click the "Rockets" bubble.

Then scroll down to the "CrayPuppy" bubble. That will open up her build pictures of that rocket starting with the 29mm motor mount.

Finally go to Home Depot/Lowes/Ace/et al plumbing department to get your mount parts. Don't forget the JB Weld.

The only reason I found it was I had seen it before and knew where to look.

ye olde rocket plans has both the estes and the century plans and decals. for the larger jayhawks.

Has anyone seen the 5.5" Polecat kit? It's still not on their website...

Latest posts

Back