National Sport Launch (NSL) 2008 - May 24 - 26

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hogan3276

Reaction score
Well NSL is almost here - it is being held at the Super Sod field in Orangeburg, SC - over Memorial Day Weekend.

https://www.nsl2008.org/ The Registration Form is up and running, hotels are listed, projects are starting to appear...check it out.

Who's coming and what's flying?

I'm going. Not sure what I will fly. I have a few projects in the build stages:

"3" inch 29mm Green Crayon Rocket
5.5 inch NANS (Not another Nike Smoke... long story not a NIKE)
4 inch 3FNC

In addition I've been thinking about 2-Stage designs. I've also been thinking about Mach buster designs.

I also plan to fly my Loc Aura (stretched) with an altimeter or timer on a G or a small H. Wish me luck in getting it back!

My RingFin (aerodynamic pig that it is) may make a K powered flight.

I may have a large tube fin ready by then.

I will be there! Shoot, 'tis only 2 1/2 hrs from here! Have my room already!:lol:

Not sure if I will have anything 'special' to fly..Just my usual hodge-podge of LPR and a couple HPR..I should have my L1 by then(knock on wood) which I am going to take a second try at on May 3rd..

See y'all there!;)

I'm going, got my room already.

I have 3 small projects. One is a cluster of 7 G-80's, one is a cluster of 5 G79's with 2 air started H180's and then my recertification for Level 2.

Hope to see some really big ones

Eric

Woohoo !!!! 200 posts' !!! I'm a real boy now!!! No, not really:(

Becareful what you wish for.........it just came true!

Here is what I'll be bringing to the NSL. Will be looking for anyone interested in doing a drag race or 2 .
Have a little dog [dd or short] looking for someone to take a bite out of along with the other demons in my fleet pictured here.
I will be happy to supply a copperthermite instant on igniter to anyone foolhearty enough to join me!

Will fly on anything that won't break the waiver!
Doing a demo flight for all to enjoy on a M-2200 skid in the Banana or Tiger, will let the crowd decide. Who knows maybe some brave soul, will want to drag in that!

So to all who are coming at least show us some pics of what your gonna fly at the Crown Jewel [courtesy of BHP] of the south!

tigerterr.jpg

gbananas.jpg

thorazine.jpg

There's only 4 members of the forum going to NSL? I sure hope more of you can make it to O'burg for the launch.

Here is one of the projects I'll be flying that weekend...

I'll have a new 4" project for one of Jim's drag races as well...

Haring_Der_Red_Max[1].jpg

For those planning on attending and flying, please register as soon as possible. They are getting ready to order the badges and tee-shirts and need to have an accurate count.
This is one of the premier rocketry events of the year!!! There will be a great mix of Low Power, Mid Power and High Power - everything from 1/2A's to M's...

Please visit the NSL Website for more details - https://www.nsl2008.org/

Hope to see you there!!!

There's only 4 members of the forum going to NSL? I sure hope more of you can make it to O'burg for the launch.

Here is one of the projects I'll be flying that weekend...

I'll have a new 4" project for one of Jim's drag races as well...

I hope more can make it too! I will be there!(I guess that makes it 5 then??:lol:) Already registered and have hotel room reserved as well!:D

Should be L1(and MAYBE even L2:eek:) by then! Am really looking forward to the 'drags'!

I'll be getting myself registered very soon.

I may be bringing a friend as well, but his status is a little more up in the air, so to speak.

I really wish I could attend, I really-really enjoyed last year's NSL in Muncie, but it's:

1) Memorial Day weekend (family weekend)

2) 800 + miles roundtrip; $240.00 in gas alone, plus $120 for hotel, etc. (that's another HPR rocket, or two, for me)

&

3) we're headed to N. Carolina the following week

Completely my loss . . . .:(

I have the room reserved and will be there. I requested vacation time the first week in January to make sure of it. Not sure want all I will be flying. I would like to put my V2 up on a K again though.

Brent - that is certainly a winner...lets hope for low winds - but that is a great flyer and great looking as well.

We'll see you there.

I'm thinking of flying one of every motor class from A-K during the three days. I might add MMX - 1/4A and 1/2A as well as L but due to time constraints I may not be able to do these. The L is particularly a problem due to waiver and my current rocket fleet.

Still not committed to this idea yet - but it's growing on me.

Any other takers? We can see who can do it with the fewest rockets - I'll lose.

I'll be there.
Looking forward to seeing all my ROCC friends and many others. Plan to Launch A-H possibly an I.

a couple of years ago at the Freedom Launch Mark Canepa flew A - M...seems like he missed on though. It might have been the L. But man he was busy that weekend.

Good luck Guys.

See you down there.

Todd

I can do A thru I now! :D Just may try that!:lol:

Think it will be kind of a close one on the number of rockets tho Brad.>Well, come to think of it I do have one I could do A thru E with......ponder,ponder,ponder...;)

I'll be there and launching my new BSD 38 Special for my Level 1 cert, plus I ordered a few more H reloads in the 29/240 range for additional fun (including the H250G! :D). High Power, here I come!

I was also hoping to have a LOC Graduator ready for G & H-power flying, but that one is waiting on a new set of fins from LOC--one of the fins that came with the kit was warped. LOC promised a new set almost 2 months ago--no luck yet--still waiting for them to appear in the mail. :cry:

L/MPR wise I'll have a Quest Zenith 2-stager and a Estes Big Bertha that moves like a scalded cat on an AT RMS D13-7W. I might fly my Apogee Diamondback on an E18 or F39 if there is NO wind, maybe on a E9 or D15 if there is.

Less then a week to go!

Hope y'all are packing your bags and trailers and prepping rockets for the big event!:) That is pretty much what I will be doing today, is prepping rockets I want to fly and making sure I have things in order for when I head out Friday..Long range forecast is looking awesome for next weekends festivities! Make sure you bring sun block, it is going to be sunny and in the mid 80's!:D

Bump...

So who here is going? I see Pantherjon, Lessgravity, Tbonerocketeer, Stealthfixr, hogan3276, DJDeadParrot, Brent, RocketJunkie, blackjack2564, Rocket Flier VB...

11 including me??? Can this be? I know of 10 more from my local club alone. Come on guys - post and tell us what you're going to fly!

My 6" SWAT on an L-1400 skiddy. My 7.5 Standard Arm an an L-666 skiddy and 6 38mm redlines!!!. all you nc guys contact me offline,I have a 10' by 20' shelter we can share,at least park together.
[email protected]
9196721201 anytime

Just a thought guys....when you get your name tags....find some room and write in your TRF handles, so we can meet each other! I've been to too many launches and found out later I'd been talking to some of my TRF buddies and didn't even know it!

Just a thought guys....when you get your name tags....find some room and write in your TRF handles, so we can meet each other! I've been to too many launches and found out later I'd been talking to some of my TRF buddies and didn't even know it!

LOL - You may recall that we met and when I told you who I was you said, "You're the guy stirring up all that trouble!" Perhaps I should stay incognito!

Of course you were nice to me and didn't hold it against me...

Does anyone know what the earliest setup time for participants is? Can we arrive on Friday night and setup or do we need to wait for Saturday morning?

Bump...

So who here is going? I see Pantherjon, Lessgravity, Tbonerocketeer, Stealthfixr, hogan3276, DJDeadParrot, Brent, RocketJunkie, blackjack2564, Rocket Flier VB...

11 including me??? Can this be? I know of 10 more from my local club alone. Come on guys - post and tell us what you're going to fly!

and Me, flying what?
BSD of course in the day time, and a few Lurking Night critters

hey blackjack2564, still going to race that new mid-powered Thor on a H250G :surprised:, I just looking for my 29mm sealring or will have to buy one there. Yep (1) mile up on a small 33.5" tall rocket, hope we have a bunch of spotters!!!!:D

and this, I call it "LUMA" the night stalker, 4" fiberglass , with over 2million mcd in power within , all controlled via (2) mircoprocessors, (1) in the boattail and (1) in the nosecone, if all works good it will also light up the Parachute on the way down.;)

Luma_lite.jpg

Does anyone know what the earliest setup time for participants is? Can we arrive on Friday night and setup or do we need to wait for Saturday morning?

We will start setting up Friday afternoon after 5pm so I'm pretty sure we'd prefer participants waiting until Saturday morning.

But I'll check and get back to you (and I'll post it on the website).

Back