Sizzlers are back....Yeah!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

by basher

Reaction score
While making my usual run thru the toy dept. at Wallymart for a flight pack of C6-whatevers, I was pleasantly surprised to see a familiar looking Hot Wheels track from decades ago. A BIG, BLACK "Fat Track" for SIZZLERS!!!! :surprised: And a full shelf of Sizzlers in the original style display shells (they made great bug and crawdad traps.)

My best friend and I owned miles (my mom's estimate) of HW track and "thousands" of cars. We were hard-core. Then Sizzlers debuted and we cornered the market on 'em.

Now, the tragedy and explanation of my great discovery. While I was away at school, MY SISTER DECIDED MY MOM NEEDED TO GET RID OF A BUNCH OF JUNK AROUND THE HOUSE. At the resulting garage sale, premium track, power houses and CARS were sold at PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR! :( :( :cry:

She used my Fat Track sections for potted plant bases. :mad: (I forgave her, but will never trust her near my stuff again.) ;)

Be that as it may, I intend to reestablish myself as a player in the world of Sizzler. Can't wait.

If anyone has pics of original cars and chargers, I would love to see them. The only familiar looking car, which I purchased, is the '70 Must. Boss 302. It is a lime-green color but I remember a dark or forest green.

I know this s/b posted in the "Hot Wheels" forum, but those folks are obsessed with their hobby. I like our stable, balanced forum. :rotflol:

I haven't seen them over here in Oz as yet. Do the new Sizzlers have the Spectraflame paint job?

(OMG I think I've been outed as a nerd...) :rolleyes:

I was thinking of the Estes ones that go REALLY high...

I was thinking Estes as well, but the ones that don't go REALLY high...lol I'm starting to think that the Sizzler name is a bit overused!!!

Cool. I went to see if I could find them on WalMarts website but didn't find them. I wonder if this is limited to certain stores or areas.... I have fond memories of my sizzlers.

jlcard.jpg

Dan

I'm starting to think that the Sizzler name is a bit overused!!!

You're right. Sizzler Steakhouse has been around longer than anyone of those other things. I hate when everyone copies each other . . . :p

I saw them at Target. I know what my 5-year-old id getting for Christmas.
Western Sizzlin' was better. Fresh Iowa beef, not frozen.

They were available at Target last year, and have been since. Picked up a set for my boy (and me) last year. I haven't seen them recently, but what I thought was cool was that everything from the box inward was identical to the way it was years ago. I mean everything, including the graphics and stickers you place on the charger. Even the charger that comes with the kit is the same old "gas pump" looking shape to it......No "new tech" look to it, just the exact same thing you got 20+ years ago.

Yeah, everyone younger than 40 thinks steak. And that's OK. I do miss Sizzler and Bonanza.

Anyway, the current reissues are Mattel products. Juice Machine chargers. Big O race track WITH a figure eight jump section!

I'll post a pic of the "World's fastest electric car" soon. Digcam down. :cry:

Mattel is also reissuing Hot Wheels "Wheel" storage cases and other accessories. I hope they reissue a "Pacific" or "Laguna" race track. The current "theme" sets are pathetic. A person needs at least 100' of standard track to fully enjoy the Hot Wheel/Sizzler experience. :D

But, we are missing the essential inormation; Do the new Sizzlers have the Spectraflame paint job?

Really guys, I need to know... ;)

LOL, you gotta love how things we used to enjoy as kids make their way back into "our kids" (i dont have any kids, but had to say it that way to make my point) generation,,, And I swear the only reason the companies do it is because they know the "real kids" that will be playing with them will be us.. hehehe

I am just waiting on Key-Cars to make a comeback... I used to love those things and the motorcycles you revved up using a "zip cord"... Although i dont know if kids today could find the fun in those toys, with all the cool elctronic gadget/toys out now :lol:

I had one. The banked turns were held together with rubber bands. I had the gas pump charger with four D cell batteries, the lap counter, and the "launcher" attached at an angle to the track where you pushed a lever and it turned on up to four cars at once. I got it for Christmas one year. I asked for a Hot Wheels drag race set that had a compartment holding a parachute that the cars pulled out as they crossed. I think Santa gave me a good deal. :)

I wonder if the cars have more modern battery technology these days. It was only a month or two before my cars' batteries headed down hill. At first I had good run times, but before long they would only run for three or four laps. After another few weeks, they didn't hold enough charge to make much more than a lap.

But, we are missing the essential inormation; Do the new Sizzlers have the Spectraflame paint job?

Really guys, I need to know... ;)

From what I can tell at https://www.redlinesonline.com/sizzlers.html Redlines, nope! Darn it.

btw: I HAD some reds and blues, but I have a couple of limes and a purple left. Target has the biggest stock of cars, track and accessories. Buy 'em up! They'll be worth $$$$ in 85 years.
:D

Got the "fat track" and several cars to play with once in a while. Also have the Snake and Mongoose Wild Wheelie set. The cars in the twin pack will cost you a small chunk of money. Got the twin pack as a kid as the front wheels would twist and bend very easily.

Back