12" Talon for LDRS Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you know if it will be in the bay area news papers?

I doubt it. The local newspaper for the California Inland Empire (Riverside and San Bernardino Counties) is the Press Enterprise. It would be extremely wishful of me to think it will make any press outside our immediate area. We are already rapidly approaching our "15 minutes of fame". But I'll ask my editor friend for permission to post the article, if it's not too large, and if it's at all interesting...

Hey, I recognize that build thread!

Not really sure why they wanted to film the scrolling screen. And I'm surprised it didn't record the "flicker". Must be a really fast camera. I noticed they put ROCstock.org for more info in the article in the paper. Don't know if that helped with attendance this weekend at ROCstock or not, but it was pretty well attended. Kathy counted eleven Scout troops.

Anyway, yes they were interested in the Talon, since they saw the clip from Daily Planet. But until we start rebuilding the aft section, the Really Big Nuke (RBN) was all we had to show them.

I know you want me to start a separate build thread on the RBN, but I don't have your creativity, so I think few would be interested in seeing it being built.

Folks, I need your attention. I apparently made a rather large error during the creation of this build thread.

On the final day of the build of this rocket, I mentioned that we celebrated our success by having Fat Tire Floats. It was just pointed out to me by an intern beer wench here at Jolly Roger Joe's Pub of Death that we were in fact having Fat Tire Sundaes, and not Fat Tire Floats.

So I stand corrected. I apologize to anyone and everyone who has been affected by my error and lapse in judgment.

As you were.

-S

:eek: Thank you. Somehow I had completely missed that part of the thread.

It turns out I have some Fat Tire in the fridge...

Must... try... this...:D

Back