Ordered a "new" video system for my rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CQBArms

Reaction score
Was on a plane, was checking out the sky mall thing and found this.

https://www.hammacher.com/publish/73304.asp#

Records about 16 minutes of video standard and an hour or so with the upgraded card.

I figure I'll use it with some of the bigger rockets but the size is pretty nice (1 inch in diameter)

With the in flight coupon it was $100.

Oh, the camera....I thought for a minute you were getting the giant soccer ball!! man that would be a cool upscale sputnik! might even be a neat recovery system.....

How are you thinking about mounting the cam?

tom

Either in a payload section with a port out the side or build some "pods" on the outside; one with just weight and one with the camera looking down.

Cool. Is that the ATC-2000? I am going to get that as well.

Hmmm, something about 30fps at 640x480 for 16 minutes with just the 32MB of internal memory doesn't fit quite right. How are they getting that much video in that small space?
Reed

Ya I dont know. I will use a 1gig or more card anyway.

Yeah that is the one. It seems sort of "perfect" for this kind of stuff.

Originally posted by Lucas
Cool. Is that the ATC-2000? I am going to get that as well.

Yup! It is even waterproof :cool:

Edit: Ya, those ATC cameras the 1000 and 2000 are just the right size and the most important part, they are not super expensive.

Originally posted by CQBArms
Was on a plane, was checking out the sky mall thing and found this.

https://www.hammacher.com/publish/73304.asp#

Records about 16 minutes of video standard and an hour or so with the upgraded card.

I figure I'll use it with some of the bigger rockets but the size is pretty nice (1 inch in diameter)

With the in flight coupon it was $100.

That is a great buy if it does the 30fps at 640x480.

edit: the Oregon Scientific ATC-2000 does do 640x480 at 30fps !

the older model they had only did 10fps.

This will probably be the next good thing since the Octave 5-in-1 that was avalable till late 2005.

Back