Modified LOC Forte

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan S.

Reaction score
Since I dont have an L1 I wanted to get into some electronics so that I could get into some more challenging rocketry. So I decided to buy a Magnetic Apogee Detector. I also bought a Loc Forte and some extra tubing. I built an electronics bay that is like LOCs except it uses brass b/c it is non-magnetic. The rocket is almost finished I need to paint it and put connecting wires through the bulkhead so the MAD can be connected to the BP charge. Something is wrong with the MAD right now and it is getting fixed. Once I get it back I plan to fly this on at least an H128 at NSL

Of course I will supply and supervise Ryan with the motor, and BP for his charge, since he is not quite old enough for a L1. I will be honored the day that I sign Ryans L1 forms when he turns 18 :)

So what do you mean? Can I fly L1 motors, yet have a already certified rocketeer supervise me and sign off on it? I'd like to fly some of the Cesaroni Pro 38 motors and the G75!

Jason

Well, you do not need an L1 to fly a G75. And for the H and larger motors, that is up to the club. Ryan and I work together on projects all the time, and they have no problem with it. But I have to assemble the motor, install it, and bring it to the pad, and make sure my name is somewhere on the flight card.

Back