Zoom Broom

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Zoom Broom kit on the market? :eyepop:

Website? Link? Price?

I won't fly my original, but I'd definitely fly a clone!

-Kevin

I did a small run of 8 to sell to some people who had emailed requests for a clone kit. A-20 Demon found them :eyepop:

I have plans to make more of these very soon. Have to order more parts!

I have a German WWII theme for one called the Blitzkrieg that will fly on 13mm motors. And a 13mm Cherokee goon as well. All are based on the original 5" long BT60 tubing.

I did a small run of 8 to sell to some people who had emailed requests for a clone kit. A-20 Demon found them :eyepop:

I have plans to make more of these very soon. Have to order more parts!

I have a German WWII theme for one called the Blitzkrieg that will fly on 13mm motors. And a 13mm Cherokee goon as well. All are based on the original 5" long BT60 tubing.

That is great news. I have been looking for a reason to purchase something from Inflight. Let us know when they are available.

You got to love The Rocketry Forum. It connects you to vendors who you would likely not discover but on the other hand it keeps the wallet empty.

--- Ron

Very high quality reproduction kit. Instructions very easy to follow. I have built 4 InFlight kits so far and all of them have been great.

HPIM1222.jpg

HPIM1227.jpg

The cool thing is I have some spare nosecones that I could use on the Zoom Broom.... The Mini Bertha isn't quite the same profile as the original.

-Kevin

The cool thing is I have some spare nosecones that I could use on the Zoom Broom.... The Mini Bertha isn't quite the same profile as the original.

-Kevin
Yeah, I wasn't sure about the profile of the nose cone. I do not have an original goony nose cone to compare to the baby bertha cone. But, I figured they were pretty close.

I have a ton (case) of these baby bertha cones I won off ebay over a year ago. This was one of those were the box arrives a few days later and I look inside and think... what I am going to do with all these cones? Thought I could put them to good use in some goon kits.

I have OCD when it comes to impulse buying.... :bang:

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the profile of the nose cone. I do not have an original goony nose cone to compare to the baby bertha cone. But, I figured they were pretty close.

The original nosecone (PNC-60A, if I remember, correctly) is shorter, and more blunt.

The Baby Bertha cones you're using are close; only a Goony junkie will ever notice the difference.

I have a ton (case) of these baby bertha cones I won off ebay over a year ago. This was one of those were the box arrives a few days later and I look inside and think... what I am going to do with all these cones? Thought I could put them to good use in some goon kits.

So, that means we'll see a release of the rest of the Goonies soon, right?

I'd be happy to buy a set that contained all the parts; instructions not necessary, and it could all be in one box. I've got originals to work from; just not fond of cutting all those fins, and I need the decals....

-Kevin

So, that means we'll see a release of the rest of the Goonies soon, right?
umm, not sure yet, but selling 8 Zoom Brooms in a few days is compelling me to do so. :D

Will see how things shake out...

InFlight if you reproduce the set of Goonies, i will buy a set. Thanks. How about an Alien Invader?

InFlight if you reproduce the set of Goonies, i will buy a set. Thanks. How about an Alien Invader?
Goonies are doable, but the Alien Invader is not as Estes plans to re-release the Alien Invader this fall. As far as I know, the classics line has not been written off as vapor yet.

Wow, that turn out great!

Looks better than the one I built. :roll:

<<curses>>

Ok, the Zoom Broom and Cherokee have been ordered.

Durn you people. This is five goonies ordered in two days. :bangpan:

On the plus side, my son likes the looks of goonies and anything that helps bring him into the fold is a good thing.

Got my Zoom Broom,,,

Need a Missle toe, Sky Shriek, and all the rest,,, you got cones,, get to it,, I'm sure they will sell

Tom

I finally finished putting the decals on my InFlight goonies.

Tomorrow is clear coat and they will finally be completed.

Now... what is this talk of Missile Toe? ;)

InFlight Goonies.jpg

Back