Thanks to the people who posted their builds, I was able to get going finally. I may be able to contribute a couple ideas from my amateur-ish process. This started when I found a box of Estes parts in the garage from 20 years ago. While putting the old kits together, found a couple new ones and moved indoors. Discovered TRF and decided to try out a couple more kits. Saw a few PVC stands here, so pulled pieces out of the scrap pile. Used it to hold a Cherokee E for decals. Time to try out epoxy, so picked up a Super Big Bertha for practice. With confidence now it was time to start the Zephyr. I found that the dry fit was too tight and had to sand off the 'scabs' that remained from laser cutting of the plywood. Removing all of the char allowed the parts to fit properly. Had to make some sanding tools to fit my paws. The weight of the eye bolt seemed excessive, so I headed back to the scrap heap for a piece of aluminum wire that was left from a satellite dish installation. Left the washer on the bottom and curled the ends to dig in around it. Applied epoxy on the bottom.