Your Favorite One Season and Done TV Series.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like "The Watch", loosely inspired by Terry Pratchett is one and done. Have not heard about any more seasons. I kinda liked it.

There are some other pratchett stories on amazon, hogfather and good omens.

They closely follow the book they were based on. "The Watch" mixed story lines, books, times, charactors (not to mention gender swapping), and a whole bunch of stuff that was "inspired" by Pratchett. From the IMdB page, "After the release of the trailer Rhianna Pratchett, daughter of Discworld author Terry Pratchett, commented on Twitter: "Look, I think it's fairly obvious that The Watch shares no DNA with my father's Watch. This is neither criticism nor support. It is what it is". "

If you want "real" Pratchett, your suggestions arec spot on. The new show is... "entertaining".

I liked it ok, but it was pretty far from the books.

Detritus getting killed by arrows is stupid if you play dnd.
Good omens was awesome!
"I asked for a Ducky":)

Found Intergalactic on Peacock (NBC's streaming service). It was originally on Sky in the UK and didn't get renewed. 8 episode, criminals on the run in space. I would have liked the world flushed out a little more, but I enjoyed it. It is on the violent sweaty side. So not one to watch with the kids.

Did anyone mention "sledge-Hammer! an over the top police officer.
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing"Even on the Nuke that ended season2.
Season 3 was done in flashback, lol.

Can't believe we are this far into this thread and no one has mentioned "The Prisoner" with Patrick McGoohan. One of my favorites!

Be seeing you!
Excellent choice, I remember it when I was a kid and loved it. I have it on DVD.

I'm coming in at the end without reading all the other posts first and am older so remember shows from the '60s. Here are some I would list:
Quark from the mid-70s.
Kolchak: The Night Stalker from the '70s.
The Prisoner as mentioned above.
They were each 2 seasons but were great, The Munsters and The Addams Family.
Firefly.
Swamp Thing at this point in time.
Constantine.
Debris.
Electric Dreams (at this time).
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (at this time).
The Right Stuff (although very much soap operish).
The Dresden Files.

"I'm Dickens, He's Fenster", starring John Astin and Marty Ingels. I remember it being funny. Ran one season before John took up with the Addams Family.

I loved the Prisoner, but never saw Danger Man (Secret Agent Man). I need to binge-watch that series, now!
We have been watching it through Prime on IMDB. It is free, other than Prime itself, with minimal ads. I watched some of them when I was a kid and they are probably more realistic about the life of a secret agent than the good but glorified Bond type movies.

Back