Your Favorite One Season and Done TV Series.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dresden Files. Available on Amazon Prime with ads.

+1 Wonderfalls. The premise is that never know if the talking heads who do good are her imagination, psychic powers, or divine intervention, not that it mattered. The creator said he was gonna send Jaye to a mental hospital and meet up with the kid who torched the guy’s car. Personally I think Fox killed it because of the homosexual themes, didn’t finish the season like Firefly.

It doesn’t matter that they killed Firefly because I thought Serenity was a kick ass movie. I woulda liked to see a third season of that female terminator though.

Jim Butcher's Dresden Files was made into TV? WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED?!!

"The Maxx" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112065/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 ("That's MISTER Gone, Clawboy, and you're just the little bundle of negative reenforcement I've been wanting to talk to")

A strange animated series about a girl and her monster.
I wanted to design a model rocket called The Maxx that would be capable of flight with a D12-3, but also be able to handle two Gs and payload to 1500 grams. It would be kind of a girlish rocket with monstrous graphics. Sadly, I got stuck on the round tuit.

TV's Best (and Worst) Shows That Lasted Only One Season - IMDb
I'm not familiar with most of these.
Hey, they were on only one season, and I don't watch a lot of TV.
But besides Firefly, a few ring a bell.
Brisco County, Terra Nova, Surface.
Surface started off really intriguing, but when they showed the creatures swimming in the earth's molten core I was WTF? Lost interest after that.

Jim Butcher's Dresden Files was made into TV? WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED?!!
Yup. go watch it on prime. As usual they had to make some changes from the books for tv, but all in all fun to watch. Loved Bob and loved the updates to a hockey stick and drumstick.
Thumbs up for all those other mentions of shows I loved and too sad to see disappear.
Firefly, its about time, wonderfalls, time tunnel, police squad ...
IT Crowd ... great cast, Parkinson and O'Dowd have gone on to much bigger careers. Also check out Gadget Man with Ayode sometime. Real life person is almost same character as the series.

Limitless/Forever.

(Supposedly they want to bring back Jim Butcher's Dresden Files, Awesome Books)

Was it not on for more than 1 season? I almost remember 2-3 seasons
One season, although it was so bad that it seemed a lot longer. That was back in the day when there were three networks, and they didn't exactly have content waiting in the wings in case a show bombed. They were pretty much committed to showing the full season.

The Lost Room

"The Lost Room" was a mini-series and was never meant to be a series, though many wished that it had become one.
On a side note: I discovered "The Lost Room" when Family Video acquired it amongst their inventory. There was a serious problem with the menu making it almost impossible to get the show started.
I went ahead and purchased the DVD set new from Amazon, AND IT HAD EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE. I sent it back for an exchange and the replacement set had . . . wait for it . . .AND IT HAD EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE.
If you read the reviews on Amazon you'll discover that this appears to be consistent with this programs DVD's. Some sort of glitch in the manufacturing process.

"Threshold" ('05) This was an invasion series whose creators proposed that the follow-on seasons would actually change titles, first becoming "Foothold" and then "Stranglehold".

Two and done: Dark Angel
The first season of "Dark Angel" was pretty good, then they decided to screw with the storyline in the second and it went downhill fast.

Dollhouse

Meanwhile; "Dollhouse" got better in the second season.

I is interesting to note that Eliza Dushku starred in another "Two and out" series before starring in "Dollhouse", remember "Tru Calling"?
One odd fact about "Tru" was that a solid year passed between the completion of the first season and the beginning of the second.

I liked "Voyagers" from the early 1980's - show was only cancelled when one of the two main actors died suddenly.

No mention of Dead Like Me yet... It lasted a bit longer, two seasons and a movie IIRC. Entertaining and kinda dark humor, with a funny initial premise - the lead character was killed by a piece of deorbiting space station junk - a toilet seat.

+1 for Pushing Daisies as well; very clever show!

I liked "Voyagers" from the early 1980's - show was only cancelled when one of the two main actors died suddenly.

Hexum's incident occurred on the set of Cover Up, over a year after the cancellation of 'Voyagers!'.

I also enjoyed this show! the main actor played Russian roulette with a BLANK pistol and lost
Jon-Erik Hexum. I don't like to speak poorly of the departed, but clearly he was an idiot when it comes to firearms. In the series he carried a S&W 29 just like Clint in the DH movies. Apparently he was unaware the theatrical blanks had a wad of paper to keep the powder in place that could inflect serious injury at close range. Even without the paper wad, the escaping gas jet from the muzzle might still have have caused the fatal injury. I think his family sued the production company for negligence for not informing him of the dangers of firearms used on the set.

Back