I know, right? Like say: Oh Darling, O Superman, Crosseyed & Painless, 'Round Midnight, Dear God, Rock Lobster, Powderfinger, Alcola Azul, Third Uncle, Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto in D Major, Op.35 I, etc., etc. ?So many more... limiting to 10 seems almost negligent... but one must follow the rules... this list includes no Beatles, Laurie Anderson, Talking Heads, Kate Bush, Thelonious Monk, XTC, B52s, Neil Young, Lila Downs, Brian Eno or classical music, etc., etc... life is soooooo hard....
Best part of this thread is seeing others mention songs or bands that you wouldn't have guessed anyone else would pick."Words" by Missing Persons
Not just own, but I have seen a surprising number of the bands in this thread too. Although I go to concerts like some people go to the movies. Live music is my choice of entertainment and has been since I was about 13.It’s really striking how many of the songs listed are songs that I personally own and listen to on at least a semi-regular basis.
I have a rocket named “Steppin’ Razor”.This has taken me sooo long to decide, and I'm still not sure. Narrowed down from my first list of about 8 bazillion...
1. Bob Marley and the Wailers –Stir it Up (Jamaican version)
2. Toots and the Maytals – Premature
3. Augustus Pablo – King Tubby Meets the Rockers Uptown
4. Dave Edmunds – What Did I Do Last Night?
5. Creedence Clearwater Revival – Down on the Corner
6. Eddie Cochrane – Twenty Flight Rock
7. Dave Brubeck Orchestra – Take Five
8. Stiff Little Fingers – Alternative Ulster
9. Peter Tosh – Steppin’ Razor
10. Nick Lowe – I Live on a Battlefield
Honorable mentions... Bob Dylan - Positively 4th Street, Ry Cooder - Little Sister, Elvis Presley - His Latest Flame. Okay, I cheated. That's thirteen.
A little bit of everything. That's me, really.
...and Lennier on Babylon 5.Fine choice, but the artist is Barnes and Barnes, one of whom is Bill Mumy who played Will Robinson on Lost in Space.