Quantcast

You will not go to space today...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

dave carver

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Reaction score
Was it figured out as to what happened? The flame looks straight with no problems.

EXPjawa

Reaction score
I can't really say. Maybe it was struck by lightning... It left the rail straight, and got up maybe 50 feet, then went into a corkscrew. This was the Apogee kit, so it wasn't a small model. I think the owner said it was an H-motor, but I don't recall who's or which one, though he said it's flown fine on that motor before.

Last edited:

tightwad

Reaction score
I was looking at EXPjawa photos and it looks like there was a reduction or reduced exhaust flame from the motor. Maybe there was a partial blockage of the nozzle that caused the rocket thrust to be diverted?

EXPjawa

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does it look like the thrust flame is "vectored" in Dave's photo here:

It kinda looks like that coming off of the pad...

DavidMcCann

Reaction score
yea... on the rail it's typical to see the flame vector away...but that's well in the air and should't be like that.

markkoelsch

Reaction score
That flame does look to be off axis. Also, considering the size of the rocket it might have needed a higher thrust motor.

K'Tesh

OpenRocket Chuck Norris
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Houston... We've had a problem here.

Really though... I'm sorry to see someone's work get damaged like that.

Tom,

I hope you can rebuild it better than before... Better, Stronger, Faster... (Sorry, I can't help myself)

Last edited: