You might be a maniac

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shinbone

Reaction score
(With apologies to Jeff Foxworthy)

If you have ever gone out in public with Fill ‘n Finish under your fingernails, you might be a rocket maniac.

If you have been known to spend hours sorting through sale bins of plastic Easter eggs and racks of mailing tubes, you might be a rocket maniac.

If you once made shoelaces for your sneakers out of braided Kevlar, you might be a rocket maniac.

If you have ever used a Copperhead to clean out ear wax, you might be a rocket maniac.

If you have ever spent more than half an hour debating the relative merits of primers, you might be a rocket maniac.

If you tune into the Weather Channel more than twice a day, you might be a rocket maniac.

If you are on a first-name basis with your local BATFE officials, you might be a rocket maniac.

If you have ever found enough dog barf wadding in your pants cuffs to adequately pack a BT-60, you might be a rocket maniac.

If you refer to your wife as Big Bertha and to the twins as the Wild Deuces, you just might be a rocket maniac.

Originally posted by shinbone
If you refer to your wife as Big Bertha and to the twins as the Wild Deuces, you just might be a rocket maniac.

I bought my DW one day before my Twins were born!:D

If you've ever used the back end of a rocket as a back scratcher, you might be a rocket maniac...

If you know the dimensions of all the standard model rocket body tubes, You might be a rocket maniac...

If you can mentally assemble, part by part, every Estes *Astron* kit, you might be a rocket maniac...

If you *make* "B" motors by CHAD staging "A" motors.... you might be a rocket maniac...

If you've ever looked at your cat and mentally compaired it to the size of your payload section, you might be a rocket maniac...

If you like the smell of rotten eggs because they remind you of your last rocket launch... you might be a rocket maniac...

man, this is the never ending list! LOL

If you can't go anywhere without thinking, "that'd make a good airframe", you might be a rocket maniac.

If you've ever downloaded a video of a rocket motor static test, and watched it more than once, you might be a rocket maniac.

If your neighbour asks you, "I wanted to hold a barbeque in my backyard this weekend, you won't be using that epoxy stuff, will you?" you might be a rocket maniac.

If you know your NAR/TRA/CAR/UKRA membership number by heart, but you have to pull your card out for your SIN/SSN, you might be a rocket maniac.

If you've ever wondered when your local radio station will do a 'twisted tune' about the BATFE, you might be a rocket maniac.

If you've ever woken up on a campsite and proclaimed "I love the smell of [BP/AP/nitrous] in the morning!", you might be a rocket maniac.

If you're a passenger in a car, going through the contryside; and you're eyeing-up the fields, thinking "that would make a good launch site", you might be a rocket maniac.
If you spend you're lunchtime browsing EMRR & Jimz, you might be a rocket maniac.

most of those seem odd when you first read them... but i must admit to having done at least 50% of them:rolleyes:

If you have used SU casings on your washer from your pants pockets, you might be a rocket maniac.

If you stop people at the recycling center and ask them for those tubes their going to recycle, you might be a rocket maniac. (I’ve done that, btw)

If all of your sermon notes have drawings or rockets on them, you might be a rocket maniac.

If there are dents on your car from lawn darts, you might be a rocket maniac.

If you keep that old beat up rip stop nylon tent b/c you might want to make a ‘cute out of it sometime, you might be a rocket maniac.

This list could go on and on... :D

Originally posted by rocketkid88
This list could go on and on... :D
...and it does...

If you go out drinking, and you realise the knees of your trousers are still covered with the 'dots' removed from Quest ignitor stickers from the day's launch, you might be a rocket maniac.

Originally posted by cydermaster
If you're a passenger in a car, going through the contryside; and you're eyeing-up the fields, thinking "that would make a good launch site", you might be a rocket maniac.

I do this every time I go somewhere. Living in Alabama sorta out in the country, there are lots of rocket fields around.
Can you believe people raise cattle and grow cotton there?

This thread is hilarious and oh so true.
It can only get better.

If your 4 year old daughter has ever pulled all the toilet paper off the roll just to make a rocket with you, you might be a rocket maniac.

Still one of my proudest moments as a father, even though it was a heck of a mess. :D

Tim

If you look at any field bigger than *10'x10'* and say, "That could be a launch site," you might be a rocket maniac. :D

I'll think up more later...

Jason

if your hands are always covered with something, super glue, epoxy, or AP soot, you might be a rocket maniac.

If all your clothing is covered with little dots from the epoxy and superglue you have dripped on them, you might be a rocket maniac.

If you've ever glued a part of your body to a workbench, yooouuuu might be a rocket maniac....

if your "nail polish" happens to be the same shade of red that is on your model... yyoooouuuuu might be a rocket maniac.....

If PRIMER is your favorite color.... yyoooouuuu might be a rocket maniac...

If you spend your evening thinking up "rocket maniac" one liners.... yooouuu might be a rocket maniac....

If you have EVER suffered the "DT's" because TRF was offline.... YOU might be a rocket maniac!

If you have posted over 3500 times in TRF.... I might be a rocket maniac... :p

If you have boxes, drawers and bags full of old, broken, useless model rocket parts because "they could come in handy some day"... YYyyyyoooouuuu might be a rocket maniac....

If you sniff the end of your glue bottle each time you use it... yyooouuu might be a rocket maniac...

oh man....

You perform a countdown before doing everyday tasks like flushing the toilet - you're a maniac.

You know you're a maniac if all the pockets of every shirt and pair of pants has sawdust and balsa woodchips in them.

So much so that your WIFE calls you "sandman".

sandman

If you launch a rocket from the deck of the race commitee
boat to start the sailboat races..............What??????

If each time you venture outdoors (prying yourself from the build bench) you immediately start monitoring the wind for a launch window, you might be a rocket maniac. ;)

Originally posted by jflis
If you know the dimensions of all the standard model rocket body tubes, You might be a rocket maniac...

Does this mean your wife is a rocket maniac too ;)?

If you have a picture of the of your L1 certificaion flight - and the spent SU casing taped to your door at work...you might be a rocket maniac.

If you know the URL of more than 10 rocketry websites by heart...you might be a rocket maniac.

If you can sucessfully explain to you wife why you need six different types of glue, or are willing to try...you might be a rocket maniac.

If you have at anytime had more than one airframe drying on a pole in your front yard...you might be a rocket maniac.

If you spend more than 20 hours a week searching Ebay for Rocketry related items...you might be a rocket maniac.

If you search Ebay for items that have nothing to do with rocketry, and yet you think, " Hmmm, that could come in handy for a scratchbuilt project", you might be a rocket maniac.

If, upon waking in the morning, you immediately flip on the cpu, jump online and read each section of TRF for new posts and responses to threads you've subscribed to before doing your morning bathroom ritual, you might be a rocket maniac.

If you use a browser that has a favorites tab system, and more than half of the pages that open when starting said browser up are rocketry related, you might be a rocket maniac.

If you post a new thread at TRF, then spend the next 10 hours checking for replies...you might be a rocket maniac.

Guilty on all accounts !

If you've ever looked at a new real-world space launch vehicle and whined that it'll be hard to make it passively stable without adding fins, you might be a rocket maniac.

Originally posted by Silverleaf

If, upon waking in the morning, you immediately flip on the cpu, jump online and read each section of TRF for new posts and responses to threads you've subscribed to before doing your morning bathroom ritual, you might be a rocket maniac.

And read this entire thread, even though you know your going to be late for work!......... :eek:
Bob

I just woke up... eyes still fogged up... only dressed in what I wear to bed, I roll over, turn on my monitor (my cpu is already on) and this thread is first thread I see this morning...

And I am routinely late to work because of this forum...

I must be a rocket maniac...

If your 5 and 3 year old sons routinely count down and "launch" their crayons and other items, you might be a rocket maniac.

If you've got 5 or more members of this forum on your AIM buddy list, you might be a TRF maniac.

If you check the chat room every ten minutes to see if someone's showed up, you might be a TRF maniac. :) (guilty)

Jason

If you walk through Stores and shops looking at non-rocket related objects, while thinking Yeah I could make that fly....ya might be a rocket maniac.

If you have your wife looking for the same type stuff...and she agrees to... Ya might be a rocket maniac.

If you wife brings you little toys and things on her own saying "Can you make this fly?" Ya might be a rocket maniac.

If you have a box in the basement full of discarded plastic or cardboard bottles, jars and containers marked "future Odd-Rocs"
...Ya just might be a rocket maniac.

if you have ever attempted to attach rocket motors to a kids scooter....... you might be a rocket maniac! (p.s not a good idea!!)

... ok, guilt to all the above plus:

if you wake up early to put a coat of primer on, then have breakfast & get dressed, and spray another coat of primer, and go to work ... and come home at lunch time to spray white and do some fillets on another rocket ... go back to work ... and come home in the evening to spray another coat and do some sanding sealer and start another one ...

you might be a rocket maniac!!

Only just found this thread :D:D:D

And Dan, I look at feilds allll the time! But the only decent ones I see are next to the M25 :(

If your Dad, who knows nothing about any hobbies at all, can reccomend a delay time based on weather conditions and rocket size, your maybe a rocket maniac.

If you are constantly exchanging emails with Paul Lavin about Deepsky and rocketry... you might be me :rolleyes:

If you reply to this thread, chances are, your a rocket maniac!

Can we change TRF to TRMF (The Rocketry Maniac Forum)??? :D

Phil

Back