You might be a child in the 70s if:

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where they even program able? Or was that logic hard coded?

This was likely the first game released as mass market. Hard coded, one game per device. Your input was to move your dot around to avoid the other dots. Timing was key, the clock was relatively slow and you had to sync your movements with it.

Prior to this, those who were fortunate enough to have a calculator used the LED display to "write" words with numbers as a game. For example: type 0.7734 and turn the calculator upside to say "hello" to someone.

This was likely the first game released as mass market. Hard coded, one game per device. Your input was to move your dot around to avoid the other dots. Timing was key, the clock was relatively slow and you had to sync your movements with it.

Prior to this, those who were fortunate enough to have a calculator used the LED display to "write" words with numbers as a game. For example: type 0.7734 and turn the calculator upside to say "hello" to someone.
Ok I was talking to my dad and he built one of those in college as an assignment.

"5318008" tehe

This was likely the first game released as mass market.
I can't remember which was first, Simple Simon was around the same time. Also, I had several Radio Shack mini slots etc. stocking stuffers.

Ahh that explains it I don’t like football.

I don't either, but I still know how the game is played. When your at places for holidays and that is all that is on TV and smart phones and the internet are not invented; you tend to try to understand the numbers of the game at least to pass the time.

Imagine trying to do anything all day with no laptop, no internet, and no phone??? Think you could do it?

I liked RV Camping at Black Rock Desert back in the mid 2000s as there was no bother from outside what you were doing. No Internet, no Phones worked; Wonderful !

That has changed now that Burning Man money bought internet to Gerlach NV. In 2012 phones worked in town and if you had boosters and big antennas they worked on the Playa. [look that word up if need be]

In 2012 we had rented a house in Gerlach that generally was used by Chukar Hunters that hunted game birds. 4 of us renting it was cost affective.

A 3" is a little short for my liking, I have a Kimber 4.25" commander style.
I also have a Springfield Champion with a 4" barrel. It's a'' stainless steel and heavy. The Colt has an aluminum frame and with a 3" barrel is easier to conceal. I have had a carry permit for 28 years. I also have a Sig 938 in 9mm that is my summer carry gun and it is a 1911 style gun too. And those are just the tip of the ice burg.

I also have a Springfield Champion with a 4" barrel. It's a'' stainless steel and heavy. The Colt has an aluminum frame and with a 3" barrel is easier to conceal. I have had a carry permit for 28 years. I also have a Sig 938 in 9mm that is my summer carry gun and it is a 1911 style gun too. And those are just the tip of the ice burg.

Interesting, my Kimber is aluminum frame also.

I got good at that once I realized that it's a matter of rhythm rather than reaction. Once I mastered it that way, it wasn't fun anymore.

I can imagine, like wired earbuds!
No, I don't think you can. Wired earbuds are not already damaged just be becoming tangled. They don't become more damaged if the tangles become tighter a little while being untied. Wired earbuds don't bear permanent scars that you can hear in a certain moment of the music. Wired ear buds are never irreplaceable.

I got good at that once I realized that it's a matter of rhythm rather than reaction. Once I mastered it that way, it wasn't fun anymore.

No, I don't think you can. Wired earbuds are not already damaged just be becoming tangled. They don't become more damaged if the tangles become tighter a little while being untied. Wired earbuds don't bear permanent scars that you can hear in a certain moment of the music. Wired ear buds are never irreplaceable.
Is music irreplaceable?

Is music irreplaceable?
Maybe, maybe not.
But the point is that after you spent time buying a premium chromium blank recording tape, degaussed your tape head, cleaned your new phonograph record with fluid to remove hisses and pops, and spent a couple of hours dubbing that record onto your tape with a high end studio quality tape deck to get that "perfect" recording........................
Then it's really frustrating to have that destroyed and crumpled.
Yeah, you could cut the damaged section out and repair the tape.
But it's no longer the same.
Like finishing that "perfect" rocket only to spray on the final clear coat and have the paint start bubbling.
Really kills your fight.
Heh.

Is music irreplaceable?
If it's the precious bootleg concert recording that you made, it's irreplaceable. If the tape is not music, but the recorded proceedings of a meeting, it's irreplaceable. If it's the mix tape that your long lost love gave you, it's irreplaceable. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Like finishing that "perfect" rocket only to spray on the final clear coat and have the paint start bubbling.
Really kills your fight.

Heh.

And due to all the issues with paint regulations, that seems to be happening more and more 😲 :oops:

Krylon is not what it used to be 4 versions ago. Yes they took the perfect paint: no runs, no drips, no errors; and still can't make it right after 4 new tries.

If you remember seeing these in every restaurant:

View attachment 649899
They had them in drug stores too. When I was a kid my dad used to give me 50 cents to go buy him two packs of cigarettes at Thrifty Drug Store, and a nickel so I could get an ice cream. Never got stopped... probably because it was obvious that I wasn't the one using them.

Hmmm. How about a Colt Double Eagle II Series 90. It's a Colt. It's a 45. But it is NOT a 1911.

Bob in Phoenix

They had them in drug stores too. When I was a kid my dad used to give me 50 cents to go buy him two packs of cigarettes at Thrifty Drug Store, and a nickel so I could get an ice cream. Never got stopped... probably because it was obvious that I wasn't the one using them.
After I got my drivers license in 1972 my dad would send me to a local country store to get him 2 packs of Winston's. Same thing. Never a problem. It was a very small town and everybody new everybody.

Back