You may have a rocketry problem if...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you have to keep a list of your motors and rockets on your phone just incase the local hobby shop might have something you do not already have... and you have only known about model rocketry 3-4mo

When you have more types of primer, filler, and color spray cans and could make a graffiti artist jealous.

Rockets : Launches

Apogee Components
Zephyr 4”

Aerotech
Mustang
Strong Arm

Estes
220 Swift
Alpha
Baby Bertha : 1
Black Brant III
Bull Pup 12D v1 : 1
Bull Pup 12D v2
Cadet : 1
Cherokee-Ex (Light Blue) v1 : 1
Cherokee-Ex (Dark Blue) v2
Citation Patriot
Crossfire ISX
Der Red Max
Dragonite
ESAM-58 (Red) v1
ESAM-58 (Black) v2
Epic II (Blue/Grey) v1
Epic II (Black/Red) v2
Epic II (Black/Yellow) v3
Expedition : 1
Generic E2X
Goblin (Yellow/Black)
Goblin v2
Goblin v3
Hi-Flier
Hi-Flier XL (Green) v1 : 1
Hi-Flier XL (Red) v2
Honest John Mini
Humdinger : 1
Long Ranger
Low Boom SST
Majestic : 1
Mean Machine : 1
Mongoose
Nike-X
SA-2061 Sasha
Saturn 1B
Savage
Starship Octavious
Taser
Tigres
Vapor
Xtreme
Yankee

LOC Precision
Goblin 4”
Nike Zues
Phoenix 2.6”

Madcow Rocketry
Phoenix 4”

North Coast Rocketry
Hobgoblin 2.6”

Public Missiles Ltm
AMRAAM 2”
AMRAAM 3”

Rocketerium
AMRAAM 1.64”
I had a similar list but eventually gave up. I do maintain a list of the motors I have in stock to prevent double ordering.

If the number rocket you have is higher than your IQ.
What about if you are sure you'll never find all of your rockets at the same time?
Does that count rockets that have re-kitted themselves and are not yet reassembled?
Or rockets that you have yet to build?
Or are in the process of building?
Or a rocket you started working on 5 years ago, and put aside and forgot you had, but now you're not sure where your carbon fiber got to, whether your epoxy has hardened, and can't remember why you thought doing a tip-to-tip was a good idea but stopped after one pair of fins?

I looked around my room at visible rockets, and stopped counting once I got to the mid-thirties. So it's a toss-up whether I have more rockets or IQ points...o_O

Ooh! I've got another one! If you're planning a cross country drive to visit family (UT to TN/NC), and one of the big factors in your planning is how to make sure you are back in time for LDRS, you may have a rocketry problem!

A man, his daughter, and their spaz of a dog. A pickup and a trailer. 4,000+ miles round trip. What could go wrong?

If you take a family trip across country to visit relatives, and you don't tell your family about your ulterior motive to attend a big launch in the area (and you secretly shipped some rockets ahead) you might have a rocket problem.

If you take a family trip across country to visit relatives, and you don't tell your family about your ulterior motive to attend a big launch in the area (and you secretly shipped some rockets ahead) you might have a rocket problem.

I feel like this is something I might do....surreptitiously, but I'd get found out pretty fast.

Wow, who knew they'd be having a rocket event when we were in Salt Lake on Vacation.......Hmmmmmm.

I guess we could stop in south Kansas on the way back......

...you built a high power rocket in a college dorm room and repeatedly explained to people that it wasn't for a class.

...you shelled out for out-of-state tuition because no college in your home state offered an aerospace engineering major.

...coming up with good names and paint schemes keeps you up at night.

...your level 3 cert is more meaningful to you than your master's degree.

And most recently...

...your child's first words were "oh no!" uttered when watching a video of a massive CATO.

...and if worth more than your house, you're too far gone! ;)
Or you live in a really crappy house!

If you need a shoulder reconstruction and your first thought is how long before you can go and launch a rocket after it is done. Guilty, today.
I hope the surgery went well. I think a lot of people would think that about getting back to any hobby, and I would call it a healthy reaction to any temporary disability.

...your child's first words were "oh no!" uttered when watching a video of a massive CATO.
OK, now that damn funny. And charming.

Last edited:
Back