you know you're a nerd when...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Badboy1982
LMAO its ok man. My Aunt is a shrink and she told me to tell you guys that the first step to recovery is admitting your problem... Do we all need to take a time out and remember we are almost ALL adults playing with rockets ?!?! :)

LOL, so when is the first meeting for RA? (Rock-a-holic's Anonymous) I need to schedule myself!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Badboy1982
Cause sometimes i feel weird when iam standing int he toy section at walmart and some hot girl walks by and looks at me smiles then she realizes iam a 22 year old male standing in the kids department looking at models

The other day when I was at Hobby Lobby, there were several good looking women in line behind me buying crafts. They did give me a funny look when they saw I had 4 model rocket kits!!!!!!

Originally posted by jflis
oh man, I pegged the "nerd-o-meter" this afternoon...

...fortunately it was only in my own head and nobody else got to witness the spectacle...

I was attending Astronomy Day today with a FlisKits booth at the Clay Center Observatory.

Throughout the area (both inside and out) they had clever little signs put up to educate and for humor (like the sign in the reserved parking area "No Shuttles Allowed. Illegally docked shuttles will be launched into the sun at owners risk and expense"... :p

Well, I walked by one sign that had an arrow pointing up with the tag "Mars, 35,000,000 miles"

Well, as I'm walking by it, it occured to me, we're on a planet, Mars is a planet, and even if we ignore the relative speed of each planet around the sun, *I* am spinning on *this* planet at about 750 miles per hour.... ....that sign should be changing *constantly*, just to keep up...

The MOMENT I thought of that I thought of this thread and got an image in my head of a graduated meter, with the words "NERD" in big curved letters and the fine black needle *pegged* with the fine end wrapped around the end stop on the scale from hitting it so hard....

LOL

funny thing is when I walked by the mars sign I looked up to check to see if it was clear to cross :D Billy only laughed

The other day when I was at Hobby Lobby, there were several good looking women in line behind me buying crafts. They did give me a funny look when they saw I had 4 model rocket kits!!!!!!

That's why I scratchbuild everything and order it over the internet. No embarrassing scenes. :cool:

Originally posted by GL-P
That's why I scratchbuild everything and order it over the internet. No embarrassing scenes. :cool:

Do you have it wrapped in plain paper wrapping, just in case you have a cute mail carrier that day, too? ;)

WW

lol yeah it sometimes is a tad bit embarassing. Specially when they actually seem to wanna talk to ya but they wont approach you on the kiddie isle :p my fiancee admitted to me months ago when i met her in high school and she saw me at a hobby store buying rockets :p And she wasnt going to approach me cause she didnt wanna be caught dead in there :p It makes me cringe to think how many hawt girls i missed out on cause they saw me in line to buy model rockets :p this is a cruel cruel world :p

Back