You can't handle the truth

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is this forum afriad of tough conversations ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When can real men have real conversations ?
There's a time and place, and The Rocketry Forum isn't it. Not everyone can maintain their cool (myself included, sometimes) when talking about sensitive topics, and political arguments, whatever the initial intentions might be, tend to lead to bad blood and insults thrown. We don't need that here.

If you want to have a "real conversation" about a difficult topic, find an appropriately-themed forum for it. Our Rocketry Forum (not Politics Forum) moderators, very understandably, do not want to deal with moderating a heated political discussion.

If you don't like the way the rocketry forum is run, then why are you here? I for one, appreciate the boundaries set by the admins to try to keep things civil. This is one of the few save zones to visit and learn about rockets or just enjoy reading the posts. Keep it up Admins. You're doing a excellent job.

If you don't like the way the rocketry forum is run, then why are you here? I for one, appreciate the boundaries set by the admins to try to keep things civil. This is one of the few save zones to visit and learn about rockets or just enjoy reading the posts. Keep it up Admins. You're doing a excellent job.
I like it, I love it, I want some more of it....

OK, then.... Let's have a manly-man conversation. With a manly-man test: In 10 hours, Relativity Space is going for it's (3rd?, 4th... I've lost count) attempt at launching Terran 1, a mostly 3-D printed rocket (Although from what I see, their 3D printer appears to be a MIG welder on a robotic arm, so this might be the world's first rocket built from welding wire). Will it get off the ground this time??? Or will they scrub again, after resetting the clock 4 times? Rocket Minds Want to Know!

Now, if they manage to get off the ground at all, it'll be a number of firsts.
Of course, if they successfully reach orbit, it'll be a number of firsts including beating SpaceX to orbit with a Methane-LOx rocket. In fact, they don't even need to reach orbit. If they get 100,000 feet up and the rocket explodes, it's still higher than any Methane-LOx rocket I'm aware of.

Ok, manly-men.... Discuss! I'm all feh-klepht!

OK, then.... Let's have a manly-man conversation. With a manly-man test: In 10 hours, Relativity Space is going for it's (3rd?, 4th... I've lost count) attempt at launching Terran 1, a mostly 3-D printed rocket (Although from what I see, their 3D printer appears to be a MIG welder on a robotic arm, so this might be the world's first rocket built from welding wire). Will it get off the ground this time??? Or will they scrub again, after resetting the clock 4 times? Rocket Minds Want to Know!

Now, if they manage to get off the ground at all, it'll be a number of firsts.
Of course, if they successfully reach orbit, it'll be a number of firsts including beating SpaceX to orbit with a Methane-LOx rocket. In fact, they don't even need to reach orbit. If they get 100,000 feet up and the rocket explodes, it's still higher than any Methane-LOx rocket I'm aware of.

Ok, manly-men.... Discuss! I'm all feh-klepht!

What the heck is going on here? Are you talking rockets in a gripe thread? The unmitigated GALL!

There's a time and place, and The Rocketry Forum isn't it. Not everyone can maintain their cool (myself included, sometimes) when talking about sensitive topics, and political arguments, whatever the initial intentions might be, tend to lead to bad blood and insults thrown. We don't need that here.

If you want to have a "real conversation" about a difficult topic, find an appropriately-themed forum for it. Our Rocketry Forum (not Politics Forum) moderators, very understandably, do not want to deal with moderating a heated political discussion.
are you sure about this because the Ukraine thread has over 5000 posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back