"You Are GO for Docking"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmmome

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
vlcsnap-2016-04-19-12h52m58s964.png

Over the years, I've data-mined some (IMHO) pretty cool vidcaps from my HPR onboard camcorders. The events in these vidcaps either happen so quickly, and/or are so high up that they normally go unnoticed. I thought I'd periodically share some of these pics with the community.

This vidcap was from my 2016 Saturn V/ Skylab launch. The rocket is about 6 feet tall and 6" in diameter. One of three camcorders on the rocket captured this fleeting view from the fin section after the drogue deployed.

Mike Momenee
TRA #12430 L3

Wow. In 2098 I would think we would be launching from Mars...disappointed.

I kid, I kid. That is a cool shot.

I've been able to set mine but it's pretty much hit or miss. I never know what date will show up.

The events in these vidcaps either happen so quickly, and/or are so high up that they normally go unnoticed.

Very nice shot.

I've really become a fan of having cameras on rockets. I think my next flight will have four. I've captured a few things that I never would have believed could happen and would never have figured out without the video. And every now and then, you get a shot like yours!

Jim

Great photos, video, and rocket! I don't often see the Skylab rocket built/flown.

Extremely poor choice of powerpoint slide I must say. Gave me flashbacks of Measurements and Instrumentation class........

Back