YNOTW

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmaaero

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody up for a "Your Neck Of The Woods" thread? Just share what the weather is like where you are located, you can share your location, or just post what the weather is like where you are. Maybe even post a random picture "you" took. Anyone?

Freak snowstorm dumping 10.8" in downtown PDX and up to 5-inches ON THE BEACH AT THE COAST in Tillamook.
This is the second highest winter snow record ever recorded in PDX.

City is totally shutdown.
Roads are littered with abandoned cars.
Temps in the low 20's with howling wind.
Maybe we'll thaw in a couple of days.
FUGLY

I'm in NE Indiana. It's 38°F with a high in the 50s if it gets there. We're just waiting for the fog to lift today.

PSX_20230223_103339.jpg

14 inches of snow, 50 mph winds, cars blocking roads and what can get by is slippery and nasty.
I am on the north side of the Columbia River in Camas, WA. It’s a mess out there.
First photo showing snow build up sliding of the roof.
Second photo what the back yard looks like.
Last night I walked the half mile down to the main road. By the time I turned around to walk back home my down trip prints were no longer visible.AA5EF9BB-0A36-4FE3-A17B-5974CAFB242D.jpeg54320F11-6E50-4CF8-BEBF-406279BC27F1.jpeg

clear blue sky, noon time and about 80 degrees, today is a day that justifies me making the worst financial decision of my life to move to North Carolina. living in Ohio for 18 years was leading me to an early suicide as I hated the weather.

North of the guys in Camas and at PDX (suburban south King County between Seattle and Portland): currently 27 degrees F on the front porch. Overcast and dry. A little breezy in that the Tempest weather station on the roof is sporting 8 mph gusting to 11.

We had a few flakes of snow last night, but it looks like the storm went south. @TSMILLER : wow! Likewise @FredA

In Phoenix, 54f and 10 mph.
Yesterday was really windy, 60+ at airport and 70+ in Tucson.
Not really cold but we are sissies.

Wow - just an update on the local news - Tillamook got an official 9.5 inches!
Amazing for being on the coast.

Time to go out and give the snow blower a workout.
I have. 375 ft long driveway on a sloping sideways as well as downward hill. I usually just shoveled it, or ignored it. I think this is going to get to be a little more common. Since the young lady that used to help me (joint driveways) has gone to Arizona for college. I think it is time to invest in a small snow blower. I am old, and my body just doesn’t like that hard workout any longer!

EDIT: I just received notice that our plant (Boeing) in Portland has suspended Ops until further notice. FIRST TIME EVER!
0D7AD9C3-0EDE-4885-9C6E-B61A26718D7F.jpeg08E5B2F6-6C9C-412D-BD13-AC6AB80FDBBA.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought the 24" Airens with the larger motor - REALLY awesome machine - did my drive then 350 feet of sidewalk and decided to keep going up the hill for about 1/4 mile to take care of my neighbors. Fun actually as long as it's like once a year.

Well worth the investment to avoid a heart attack shoveling.
Between the 9ish inches last night and the 10 inches we had back on April 11th, 2022 it has more then pair for itself IMHO.

Yesterday morning, I had to scrape ice off my truck because it was 27 degrees (F), and freezing rain. This afternoon it was sunny and 74 degrees (F).

Ohio is weird.

Yesterday morning, I had to scrape ice off my truck because it was 27 degrees (F), and freezing rain. This afternoon it was sunny and 74 degrees (F).

Ohio is weird.
One of the seasons I worked at Cedar Point, my roommate was from Turkey. Within a week we had snow flurries then it got hot with a thunderstorm and waterspouts on the lake. He had never experienced that kind of shift in weather before and commented that Ohio has a year of weather in a week.

Today in eastern N.C. were looking at 83 degrees 28c with WSW wind at 14 with gusts to 32 mph No chance of rain.
In case you ever wondered what the bottom side of a F-15 looked like.
Too bad it's a Strike Eagle. ;)

EDIT: I just received notice that our plant (Boeing) in Portland has suspended Ops until further notice. FIRST TIME EVER!
In my nearly 38 years at Boeing in the Puget Sound region I can only think of a handful of times they suspended operations for weather (and for a day or two after the 2001 Ash Wednesday earthquake). Pretty rare thing indeed.

Just cold here (well, relative to normal). 25º F with a wind chill to 18 right now. Expected low tonight ~20º F. Some (but not much) snow predicted Saturday evening to Sunday morning.

Back