Yikes! My rockets are now taller than I am!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah that moment in a rocketeer's life when his/her rockets start getting taller than they are.
A rite of passage for sure.

The next one (and it will come) is when you start accidentally punching little holes in your ceiling with nose cone tips.

ssixsixsix

Ah that moment in a rocketeer's life when his/her rockets start getting taller than they are.
A rite of passage for sure.

The next one (and it will come) is when you start accidentally punching little holes in your ceiling with nose cone tips.

ssixsixsix

Yeah or you have to measure doorways to ensure the span of the rocket will fit through.

Guilty as charged

Yeah or you have to measure doorways to ensure the span of the rocket will fit through.
Guilty of this one too.

If you can get involved on the really big projects they can be fun too, and the logistics a nightmare :eek:
Stewart wiring2.jpg

When I was a kid, I spent some time trying to take a photo with one of my rockets in the foreground and me standing further back so that the rocket would appear to be taller than me. I never got the depth-of-field correct so the illusion never worked.

Now that I know how to take a photo like that, I don't need to. :)

Since I'm almost exactly 2m, my first taller-than-self rocket (L2) can't fit through doors vertically.

If it didn't have en elliptical cone, there would be 4 holes in my apartment ceiling by now.

40043900_1028760480635966_596015832891392000_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back