yet more praise for sandman

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solrules

Reaction score
Well, I got my upscale (3", 234%) Black Brant II Nosecone, Couplar, and Tailcone from sandman today! Many thanks to sandman who remained complimentary even after many design changes. The parts are made out of basswood, and cored for a 38mm motor tube. The tailcone is drilled out a bit more to recess a 38mm slimline retainer. Enough chatting, on with the pics!

This one is of the origonal nosecone, along with a bottle of CA for scale

the copular section (also, can anyone tell me why that is in the rocket? I believe it was solid fueled, so it is not a fuel tank)

Tailcone (yeah, I know....im not too good with my camera aim!)

The slimline fits loosley in the tailcone section (It is totally flush with the end of the tailcone, so you can't see any of the motor on display)

Again, thanks sandman! Awesome craftsmanship!

wow nice parts.....sandman truely is the man

if you dont have good aim with your camera, like I dont, then crop the other side, this wont make it look so bad ;)

I don't like to blow my own horn (what the heck does THAT stupid expression really mean???) but, I sure like it when other people do!

Thanks.:D :D

sandman

Sandman custom cones are the best in the business.
But from what I can (or can't) see.
Where is the artist signature?
Mine is signed and I figure the signature alone will be worth money some day.
Looks great!!

bah! no sig! (unless it is on the inside of the bulkhead in the nose cone....)

Sorry about the lack of a signature...I guess I was in too much of a hurry to get it out.

It won't happen again.

sandman

Saaaayyyyy...that looks great! Planning on using the coupler for electronics?? huh, huh? Just a thought...

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Loopy

actually, the copular section is going to join the tailcone and main body tube sections, so the copular is going to be at the very bottom of the rocket. It is cored so i can fit the 38mm motor tube through, eliminating the need for more centering rings!

Back