Yet another Deuce...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I didn't change a thing. I was in the mood for a patriotic paintjob, so this is what I came up with. A combination of some schemes I had seen before and really liked.

Stephen

from one steve to another -

Beautiful Deuce! Love your paint job.

Another candidate for the Deuce's Wild Hall of Fame

steve

Wow man....that is one AWESOME deuce! VERY VERY COOL! Looks like a bad-@$$ Alpha, kinda! VERY good job!

Jason

Great mods on the 1st Deuce:D

Nice PJ Bushrat, can't wait to get and start my own.

Johnnie Paul

Wow - thanks all for the kind words!

I haven't flown her yet because this was my first cluster model, and I wanted a 12-volt launch controller to be on the safe side. My controller is ready (I hope:) ) and as soon as I take it for a test drive, I'll post some launch pics.

By the way - for you veteran Deuce-ers... is it necessary to use masking tape on the engines for a tighter friction-fit? It seems to be a pretty good fit without it... Thanks

Stephen

That one got a good chuckle from me----but I suspect you may have exceeded the three pound limit?

VERY nice R-W-B paint job on your deuce, very original and quite nicely done from an 'artistic' view. Good to see people doing something a bit different!

Originally posted by Bushrat
Wow - thanks all for the kind words!

I haven't flown her yet because this was my first cluster model, and I wanted a 12-volt launch controller to be on the safe side. My controller is ready (I hope:) ) and as soon as I take it for a test drive, I'll post some launch pics.

By the way - for you veteran Deuce-ers... is it necessary to use masking tape on the engines for a tighter friction-fit? It seems to be a pretty good fit without it... Thanks

Stephen

On your engines, it just depends on how good your fit sans tape is. I've flown my Deuce's Goblin twice (burned 4 engines) and felt the need to tape only one of those. It came down with all the engines neatly in place both times.

great deuce! I love all the different paint jobs and designs this kit has inspired! and I love that this design has become *deep* enough to have "vetrans" already :)

jim
(gotta find time to *create* that "hall of fame"!)

Well...If the fit is tight enough on the motor, play it safe and add one wrap of tape at the end of the motor, over both the motor and the engine tube - that should work!

Jason

Bushrat,
Very nice Deuce, Hall of flame... I mean fame quality. A little tape on the motors just to make sure they stay put is still a good idea. 12 volts is a must for igniting more than one motor, and a whip clip is a good idea as well. The first couple of launches I did with the Deuce I twisted the igniter wires together, but you need to be careful doing it. The whip clip eliminates the need for that. Have fun. The Deuce flys great as long as both motors light:D
Larry

Back