Yet Another Deuce (and Tres)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketjunkie

Addicted to APCP
Reaction score
Here's my stock size Deuce's Wild! and Tres. I'll be using the same color scheme on the upscales.

(Yes, those are vinyl LP's behind the rockets :)

...sexy...

and umm you didn't give your age so i dont know if LP is linkin park or some old band from the 70's :D

Very cool, Rocketjunkie! Sounds like ctulanko is gonna have some competition! What size are you upscaling to? 24, 29, 38, dare I ask.....54????

And rabid, I can assure you that he isn't talking about Linkin Park :D

I think the LP refers to the LP vinyl records there on the shelf in the background of the photo. golden oldies eh!!!

Hey, nice job on the Tres - the colors make me think of a Nike Smoke - and **** the Deuce looks good like that.

I gotta quit painting all mine with just white.

Nicely done! Just curious, but what did you use for the #3's on the fins? Er, upscales? Size? Dual 98mm MMTs? :D

Originally posted by eugenefl
Nicely done! Just curious, but what did you use for the #3's on the fins? Er, upscales? Size? Dual 98mm MMTs? :D

The 3's are from a template provided on the fin pattern sheet in the kit. I copied it, cut out the 3's and applied them to the fins. After painting the red, I removed them leaving the yellow to show through.

The upscales are 5.5" main tube diameter (3.38X) and will use 54 mm mounts.

Back