Yet another decal question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonshiprider

Reaction score
Yesterday I went to apply the decals to my Estes Commanche-3.Now,as some of you have probably gathered from my past posts,this bird is a few years old.At least 12 or so.
Anyways,I went to apply the very first green band at the top of the BT.For the most part the decal was fine except for one thing.The decal wanted to curl up at the very ends and especially in the corners of those ends.Just like four little "ears".
Any suggestions?

Get some decal set solution. This will soften the decal and get the curl out. once that is dry, hit it with clear coat. Been working for me for years.

If the decals insist on curling even after decal setting solution (I have found that some Estes decals are "immune" to decal setting solution!:mad: ) here a a trick I learned on an Estes Bullpup.

The way the decals act it's as if there is no decal "glue" on the edges. Some of the Estes decals are really thick.

Slide the decal into its final location.

I use a tiny tiny bit of Future Floor Finish applied with a toothpick under the edge of the decal. Future is really really sticky!

Wait a few minutes for it to get real tacky then push it down.

The future will act like a glue for the decal.

After a few day...let them dry...then apply a topcoat of Future.

This will work on any decal. If you move decals around too much or they are old the "glue" just isn't so good.

Back