yesterdays launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walterb

Reaction score
Had 23 flights yesterday First range time since 2013. My son shot one video but we more concerned with tracking than filming.
Goblin on C11-7 the nozzle was near the pad but it shot up a couple of hundred and the ejection still fired. I thought C11 were core burners, I was not too surprised till I found the nozzle. My other c 11 was the upper stage on the CC Express. It's still drifting this morning. So I did not really see how it burned. Has anyone gotten one of those back?
The Sprint XL joined it in bye bye land, but I have another from the sale. It was worth watching it disappear.
Good flights from the Expedition, Mega Mosquito, fletcher, SCM 12, dark silver, alien invader, screamin' eagle, big betty.
the flutterbye blew the nose and didn't separate. did not find the nose but have one on the parts pile.
shock cord mount failure on the super neon xl. its nose is long gone and it has tube damage.
had another crazy flight from the Outlander
had a c6-5 fail in the Vector Force. Perhaps I have old motors.
The older kit, the screamin what ever with the noise makers in the side pods did not seem to make extra noise.

on mid power front, e 9 failure one the executioner it jumped of the rod landed four feet away and burned out the rest.
great flight from the Intercepter e but the chute did not open The Tomahawk was great but I have tree duty. It should fall with the leaves.

Wow, 23 birds in one session. Sounds like you had a great day of rocket flying. I see that you are fairly new to the forum...Welcome!

Sounds like a lot of fun! The most I've launched in a day is 12, and that's with prepping the night before.

it has been a few years the wife said yes so I did all the wadding and motor selection earlier in the day. We don't go that often it was the second time in ten years. maybe it will be sooner the next time. I was spoiled for two years when he had a huge field in front of the old apartment. Since we've used this local park maybe it will be more often.

Wow, 23 in one day...:eyepop: You must have had to stop a few times to let the launch rod cool down!

Sounds like it was a great day!

Mike

Wow, 23 in one day...:eyepop: You must have had to stop a few times to let the launch rod cool down!

Sounds like it was a great day!

Mike
I had the 3/16 rod + pad four feet from the 1/8 rod stuck in the ground. I tried to mix it up. I had all the recovery systems packed and motors in place so it was just motors and igniters at the field. I had my six year old daughter and 22 year old son run stuff down. my mother-in law-walked out to get some too.

Back