Year of the MicroMaxx?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbuscaglia

Rusty-eyed Missile Man
Reaction score
It occurred to me that 2010 in Roman numerals is MMX. Does that make this the "Year of the MicroMaxx"?

Oh, beans spilling you are....

Are you doing your Yoda voice again?

I will now infer that some of those exciting catalog pages will have MicroMaxx content.

I have a wav file link, but I will have to post it over on YORF.

Of course 2010 is the year of the MicroMaxx, because that is the only likely reason why Jim brought up the MMX Builder's Special package last year! Whooo! When will the MMXBS be available, Jim? :cool:

Are our numbers in the nanoverse reaching critical mass? Have we reached a tipping point? I think that the 3's A Charm kit may have finally done it (along with the Tiddlywink, the Dead Ringer, the HEMV-4, and - dare I say it? even Micromaxx booster motors - even though we aren't supposed to call them that). And who knows what else FlisKits and Quest have up their sleeves?

Mirabile dictu! Back in the cold, dark months of 2004-2005, when it seemed like you couldn't even pay people to fly micro rockets, did any of us Micromaxxers dare to think that we would ever see the day...? :D

Hey, how many MMX-II's would I need to cluster next year in order to loft one of them dang Christmas trees, anyway? :roll:

MarkII

Of course 2010 is the year of the MicroMaxx, because that is the only likely reason why Jim brought up the MMX Builder's Special package last year! Whooo! When will the MMXBS be available, Jim? :cool:

Actually pretty soon... That is one of the things I want to get out before NARCON so I can focus my energies on the NARCON releases, so keep watch :)

These are the things i've been building and flying for since the lines introduction. With more then 160 different micro models not including some recently purchased Flis new KEWL kits. I'd say "Hell's Yeah" We've reached a tipping point.
Dang! we're even Discussing this in our own TRF forum:clap: LOL!!!!! :cheers:

I'm curious to see no MMX engines or references in the new Quest Catalog (except for the Rocket Racerz which look like a ton of fun!) . Just got mine yesterday. Any insight?

I noted that as well.
But the motors are listed on-line actually all three types 5662, 5663 and 5665's as well as several "New" Micro building Parts, body tubes, Nosecone, motor mounts and couplings.
I was hoping to see Bill designing some new "kits" but with all the other stuff in the new catalog perhaps the micro stuff was pushed to another time.

Back