Year of Astronautics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Round, have you seen the book series "Rockets and People" by Boris Chertok? The books chronicle the rise of Boris Chertok from electrician to chief control system engineer of the R7/Semyorka/Soyuz. NASA has the entire series translated to English and available on their site. I found it to be a great read. I guess you could find the original Russian versions and read them. If you have not seen them they really are worth a look.
https://www.nasa.gov/connect/ebooks/rockets_people_vol1_detail.html

Round, have you seen the book series "Rockets and People" by Boris Chertok?
Boris Chertok is a legend. The experience of this person's life is very interesting. I am glad that these books are available.

The first demonstration at the forum Army 2021. Light multipurpose guided missile "305". Russian Improved "Hellfire". A scale model is currently in progress.T01.jpg

Attachments

• T02.jpg
    T02.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 7
  • T03.jpg
    T03.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 7
  • T04.jpg
    T04.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 6
The Avangard plant (Moscow) was formed at a difficult time for the country. By the decision of the State Defense Committee of the USSR dated 24.01.1942, the assembly of aircraft engines for U-2 aircraft was organized on the territory of the previously evacuated CIAM enterprise. Many employees received important state awards for their selfless work, and the team was awarded the Order of the Red Star in 1945. After the end of hostilities, production lines were reoriented to the production of peaceful products: motors and spare parts for agricultural machinery, consumer goods. However, with the growing tension between the USSR and the NATO bloc, the plant again returned to the production of military equipment. In particular, aviation cannons and machine guns, including for the TU-4 strategic bomber. In 1954, the company mastered the production of D1-type anti-aircraft missiles designed by the factory Design Bureau for the S-75 air defense system. The 1956 launches showed their effectiveness and prospects. In the 50s and 60s, MZA produced a whole series of anti-aircraft missiles 11D, 13D, 15D, 20D, 5V29, 5YA23. They passed the combat test in Vietnam.

Dkn.jpg

Last edited:
Clear, I have seen what Raytheon shows about its missile production. It is still a mystery to me now, with such a difference in the engineering approach, products that are approximately equal in their characteristics are obtained?

Back