Year of Astronautics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Vostochny Space Centre. Launchpad and launch control panel.

DS010.JPGDS011.JPGDS012.JPGDS013.JPGDS014.JPG

Are the canards free spinning so that the CP does not remain too far forward?

If I understand you correctly...
The displacement of the center of pressure forward with this model's aerodynamics is inevitable, simple way to make a stable flight - to weigh down the nose cone. This is a pay for matching the original geometry. In this case impractical to stabilize the rocket by spin.

If I understand you correctly...
The displacement of the center of pressure forward with this model's aerodynamics is inevitable, simple way to make a stable flight - to weigh down the nose cone. This is a pay for matching the original geometry. In this case impractical to stabilize the rocket by spin.

I understand

Are the canards fixed in place? (Unmovable?)

Hi Round!

Did you actually take these pictures? If so, how did you manage to get access to the red square during the rehearsal? Please tell me your trick!! 😲

Thank you very much
I was sleeping that night, and I downloaded the images from the Internet... :mad:...

Access to Red square is restricted, of course, during training. There are no restrictions in the city.

0977.jpg

Oops. One of yours? Whose house?

It's not my responsibility, these images are taken from information desk of Moscow region police department "Wanted dead or alive" :cool:

P.S.
The owner of this house is an incredible lucky, if it was my rocket, it would be written about all the Newspapers. 😅

Last edited:
The Vostok project. 8K72K Gagarin's Rocket.
My first step is to take the scale.

V_01.jpgV_02.jpg

Last edited:
Back