Yay for Wal Mart

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grimlock3000

Reaction score
My local Wal Mart FINALLY restocked their $8.88 launchables rockets. They have been out of stock for a few weeks. I was able to pickup a Fat Boy for $8.88 instead of $16 something at the hobby shop. I have the engine mount parts needed to put D engines in the Fat Boy as well, but I might just cluster it instead, hrmm...

It says right there on my list of things to do...
right at the top of the list...
I mean... how could i miss it???

If you upgrade your FatBoy... don't forget to add some weight in the nose...

Thankfully.. no damage...LOL

Estes needs to come to its senses and make this kit with a "D" mount, stock. With an optional CR's to handle three "D" motors.:D

F_S, I need to email you about ordering a BT80 cluster kit with engine tubes and another nylon chute :) I am thinking a 3x18mm cluster would be a nice place to start. I just finished building my 12v launch controller with the intent to start flying clusters so this would be a good place to start. I originally thought I had some 24mm BT80 centering ring buts I was wrong so bring on the cluster. Another good thing about ordering from you is that we live so close I get my stuff in two days :)

Tomorrow I am hoping to go out and get a couple of my rockets stuck in a tree so I can get to work on some new ones. Right now the Fat Boy is sitting on my desk next to my unbuilt Stormcaster with an E engine mount...

Originally posted by grimlock3000
F_S, I need to email you about ordering a BT80 cluster kit with engine tubes and another nylon chute :) I am thinking a 3x18mm cluster would be a nice place to start. I just finished building my 12v launch controller with the intent to start flying clusters so this would be a good place to start. I originally thought I had some 24mm BT80 centering ring buts I was wrong so bring on the cluster. Another good thing about ordering from you is that we live so close I get my stuff in two days :)

Tomorrow I am hoping to go out and get a couple of my rockets stuck in a tree so I can get to work on some new ones. Right now the Fat Boy is sitting on my desk next to my unbuilt Stormcaster with an E engine mount...

Okay...now try to keep from drooling:D
74_1.JPG

Originally posted by flying_silverad
Okay...now try to keep from drooling:D

I own this cluster kit. It will soon go into my OOP Estes Optima. VERY sweet motor mount and very CLEAN laser cut rings!!!

Originally posted by Fishhead
No thanks. I just bought one from you. And it's for my next SPEV, not my Fat Boy. Beautiful components. It's almost too pretty to build, let alone fly.
Hey....they're like potatoe chips, nobody can have just one!:D

FatBoys at Wal-Mart again???? I LOVE those things. My Wal-Marts out here have been stocking the military missiles and such, but the FatBoys haven't been here for quite some time...

Alan:)

Back