Yard Work

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmacklin

Reaction score
So I'm playing catch up on my new, zero turn Gravely mower today, doing some long overdue mowing before it gets cold. Something about the monotonous droning of the engine is almost hypnotic, my thoughts began to wander and today was no exception.

I thought, what if the American Colonists had not prevailed against the British throne....would we all now be speaking English? :confused2:

The answer to your question is Yes, but how we got there is a different matter. On the North east coast your speaking The Queens English but to the north your speaking French and to the south it's Spanish. There are a couple of French guys down there too. As we move westward , in the north people begin to speak Frenglish and to the south it's Spanglish. Once you hit the Mississippi there seems to be a mix of the three, Frespanglish. At the same time the Japanese had populated the north western coast and the Chinese the southern west coast. Once the Japanese got east of the Rocky mountains they spoke Japafrenese The Chinese began to speak Spanchinese as they moved east. Of course as they moved east these evolved int Japafrenglish and Spanchinenglish. Once the Frespanglish met these two parties, they could not understand them and thought their speech was gibberish. In the end , the Frespanglish would simply shoot them on sight so they didn't have to deal with them. There were pockets of Germans around the country but the native Americans found them irritating and refused to trade with them , eventually starving them out. Ultimately, the Frespanglish began to expand their territories.This was based on their ability to talk to everyone around them. In the end the Japanese left the west coast . There was nothing here they didn't already have including earthquakes and their Chinese rivals. The Chinese felt about the same way as the Japanese but also didn't care for the desert. They left too!.To the south of the country, the Spanish had never really gotten a grip on Rattle snakes , Tarantula's and Alligators to begin with so they gave up some acreage. On the East coast the folks were taxed out of their brains---sound familiar-- and never wrapped their heads around the whole corn thing. They loaded up for the motherland and sailed away. Up to the north , the French were a different matter. They really didn't want to go home. That place sucked. In the end some smart fellow told them--'hey, we have some great lakes up north, why don't you guys take the north side and have some fun" The rest is history. We speak a passed down version of Frespanglish---English !!

Last edited:
You would be putting your valise in the boot of your car. Checking under the bonnet to make sure the engine is all right. You'd be driving on the wrong side of the road whilst listening to a cricket match. Having buttered scones for tea and you might even be a lumberjack.

Oh the humanity...

Back