Yard sale holding pattern

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

CoachSteve

Reaction score
there is no propellant in those pictures - you can ship motor cases as you do any other package :) - Its the actual fuel that's the shipping fun

prfesser

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Things do not happen so quickly on TRF. Wait at least a few hours or a day for an answer to most questions.

If the motors are just empty tubes, they and the Jolly Logic items can be shipped, no problem.

As for the First Fire items...need a Hazmat shipper. Not worth it.

Best -- Terry

CoachSteve

Reaction score
I have never shipped a hazmat required package - sorry, no help there. There are plenty on this forum with tons of knowledge though, I am sure you will get some answers/opinions soon - good luck

prfesser

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't see the motor-reload tubes. Motor reloads and single-use motors cannot be shipped except as Hazmat. You can't walk up to UPS/USPS/other shipper and say "Please ship this hazmat". Shipping hazardous material requires certification and training.

Rokkets

Reaction score
Ok thanks. It looked like if I marked the package correctly and paid the fee, then I could do it, but I hear the warning from prfesser that you can't walk up and do it.
I'll try to sell to the local guys here in Albuquerque.

tsmith1315

Reaction score
You would be able to sell the hazmat items locally or at a launch. Consider adding your location to your profile.

Rokkets

Reaction score
It looks like on the following website it is a class 1.4C explosive and must haver proper size and color labeling.

Art Upton

Reaction score
To ship hazmat, you need an authorized shipper number that you get from hazmat training. I have to sell my propellent at launches not mail order.

Rokkets

Reaction score
Ok thanks Art and everyone, sounds like it's a no-go for shipping.

Rokkets

Reaction score
post 20, see you in a couple weeks. Though if you private message me in the meantime, I'm looking for 50% of retail, the AT tube is new, the chute deploy is new, the Dr. Rockets and altimeter are used at least once, though clean. Don't ask for the motors unless you are driving to Albuquerque.