Yagi CONNECTION ADAPTeR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airrocket

Reaction score
Got a Big Red Bee locator with yagi. Need some type of CB adapter to hook yagi up to my receiver cable.

what are you trying to hook it up to? there are several common types of antenna/coax connections - you may need a bnc to sma or bnc to uhf (pl-259/so239) - your receiver and antenne docs should tell you the type of connector you need

Trying to hook-up a YAESU UHF FM transceiver FT-277R to an Arrow Antennas 7 element aluminum boom yagi. I think the cable I need is a female BNC connector at the receiver and a SMA male on the antenna.

The transceiver manual did not ID the connector and Arrow Antenna is down due to family health issues.

I need to find a quick source for the cable trying get my pile together for a road trip to NCR Oktoberfest launch this upcoming weekend.

Hoping a CB based web store can assist. But I am not a CB expert my only involvement is as a novice for rocket tracking.

Any CB or ham radio experts out there?

looks more like BNC male and SMA male fittings are what I need or cable with male on both ends.

The yagi fitting is a female deep socket fitting with two small prongs on the outside of the fitting looks like an auto light bulb end.

Think I found them. Only wide cost from $12 to another for $47??? Why such a cost spread is the $12 cable for ham site just as good as the $47 cable from DiGiKey?

SMA to BNC MFG_4935-BB-24.jpg

BNC male to SMA Male.jpg

ok - i am pretty sure (99%) you need BNC female for the antenna end and SMA male on the radio side - there are one piece adaptors but that puts all the stress on the radio - cables like you found usually are easier to work with. As to why they differ in price - no good reason usually - especially for something common like this. A cb store might be able to help you - not sure

Also on those attached photos - the first one looks like BNC male and the second one looks like the female

The cable like you pictured is definitely the way to go -- I have both a BNC-SMA adapter, and a cable that has SMA on one end, and the cable with SMA is a lot easier to deal with.

As for the price difference, I cannot explain it. I paid about $12 for mine several years ago.

-Kevin

Digi-Key sells to companies which need the cable quickly--they are willing to pay extra to a vendor they deal with on a regular basis--as opposed to an unknown vendor who might take longer to ship.

Back