Y2K finally here?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would a Y2k crisis happen now? The 2-digit year computation issue is a non-issue for most systems, and the Unix time-code overflow won't happen until 2038.

Im not saying some other crisis won't happen like the mortgage crisis or finamcial crisis, but i dont think it'd have anything to do with Y2k

Am I wrong to think the experts that predicted the Y2K crisis were pretty close, only 20 years to early?

This sounds about right given my experience with IT projects being accomplished "on time".

Sorry, I got my highly promoted but ultimately "much ado about nothing" global catastrophes confused. What I was trying to reference was the Dec. 12 2012 Mayan calendar end of the world prophecy.

This is the most cataclysmic year we’ve had in a long time. Y2K was a miss, so was 2012, and 2020 went unpredicted, so I’m starting to question the wisdom of our oracles.

This is the most cataclysmic year we’ve had in a long time. Y2K was a miss, so was 2012, and 2020 went unpredicted, so I’m starting to question the wisdom of our oracles.

Maybe the Mayan's were right and 2012 was the end of an era and the new age is marked by worldwide hardship.

Or maybe the Weasel who electrocuted itself in the LHC launched us into an alternate dimension.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...-down-world-s-most-powerful-particle-collider
Or maybe Doc and Marty really screwed something up and they need more time to fix it. We were supposed to have flying cars by 2015 after all.

Or maybe Doc and Marty really screwed something up and they need more time to fix it. We were supposed to have flying cars by 2015 after all.
I think it's going to take Doc and Marty, Dr. Becket, and Doctor Who working in concert to fix this one.

Back