Xyla's Fifi rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, you found one. And I’m about to start a new rocket this week. See my post above. Since she inspired me to take on fiberglassing, i will pay homage in the build thread pics and vids by wearing the exact same outfit while glassing. Stay tuned!
Oh yes, this I gotta see

Xyla's rocket was named Fifi (the french maid duster from Beauty and the Beast) and Joe's was named Lumiere (the French candlabra from Beauty and the Beast) and they both launched at the same event. Joe's was his L3 and Xyla's was her L2. I don't know how many people picked up on that.
I did, and until your post I was wondering if anyone else had. :)

Xyla said on the Rocketry Show that she spent more time editing the video than she did building the rocket (in 5 days). She also has a YT manager. Probably someone with a media degree.

She’s up to 330k views. I was reluctant to watch the video because I assumed it was some guy using a girl model. After listening to her on TRS, I’m glad to see a young lady completing her level 2, despite the Carhartt crop top.

Hey everyone. I really really would like to thank everyone that left a comment on this thread. This is fantastic feedback and we’ll be sure to share it with her.

I agree with a few key points here… one of which this L2 was her second flight! What I took in talking with her, she is a crafts person and builds various things professionally.

I personally felt that, considering her audience of Rocket people, her building skill set and knowing how to use epoxy as a professional… that building a capable L2 rocket was pretty easy for her. It sounds like most of you feel the same way.

I am happy the episode was received well and I’m glad to be part of the show! Any other ideas you all have… run them by us! @cgould, @gheem and @lcorinth

Attachments

• 80A7CF99-A72E-4303-9B63-1CE072A7749B.jpeg
    80A7CF99-A72E-4303-9B63-1CE072A7749B.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 2
Back