Xenomorph Host Transport Pod

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update. Wooden buttresses added to shore up motor tubes. More importantly I am pleased to report not a single hair is out of place on Fashionista Ken! Barbie's hair got a bit disheveled on entry and is not perfect. Barbie and Ken are, however, looking forward to having tea and crumpets with the Queen and her Corgi dogs. The Xenomorphs have promised to show in flight reruns of the Kardashians to keep Barbie and Fashionista Ken fully entertained during the entire flight. :)
20210728_173933.jpg

So after a level one peer review a few mods are going on. First I will attach a small foam - squeeze brain promotional ball at the base of the launch lug. This is to prevent any chance of bare metal scraping on something at landing. Small spill holes to be cut in all four chutes. I think some orange caution tape on the end of the lug could be a nice touch. Will have the Cluster box ready and a pyrotechnic technique with finely milled BP to insure ignition with the old Estes black head igniters.

Don't forget to add one of these to your range box...

View attachment 475456
An airstream would not stop a ballistic rocket. I was thinking more like an amored personel carrier! Or a Bunker with at least a railroad tie roof! :)

At best I am expecting 400 to 500 feet, so distance is your friend on the high power field. An H60 4 with the drag and weight isn't going high or fast.

Are Barbie and Ken firmly attached to the frame internally? If not, G forces are likely going to somewhat, um, reposition them. You could ties them to the body of the rocket, brings a whole new meaning to the term “G-String.”

Are Barbie and Ken firmly attached to the frame internally? If not, G forces are likely going to somewhat, um, reposition them. You could ties them to the body of the rocket, brings a whole new meaning to the term “G-String.”
They are secured firmly with super clear tape to the aluminum launch lug. The pod exterior will have layers of protective clear tape when it flys.

Is it me, or is there the face of an alien looking out from Barbie's upper abdomen here?
And what's with the gauzy stuff? Looks like something from Stargate Atlantis Wraith Ship.Barbie.jpg

Is it me, or is there the face of an alien looking out from Barbie's upper abdomen here?
And what's with the gauzy stuff? Looks like something from Stargate Atlantis Wraith Ship.View attachment 475573
The pillow bunting is supposed to be like the web the Xenomorphs trapped you in after being face higged and implanted with a Xenomorph in your tummy. Initially Fashionista Ken was to be on top, better for CG! But Malibu Barbie fit better in the narrow space, so Fashionista Ken and his big booty had to be placed lower but as high as possible for CG. His nose was still a bit far out so he ended up about mid thigh on Barbie with his head turned to the side to fit. Both the action figures have their legs stratteling the lauch lug and being taped. The most important aspect was, of course, to keep Fashionista Ken's hair in pristine condition and easily viewed by all his fans! An extra face hugger has been placed between his legs. Will post more pictures soon.

It is Malibu Barbie's printed black shirt that says ROCK! It is covered by bunting. No extra Aliens allowed in Pod.

I think Barbie and Ken think the Xenomorphs are just some carnies traveling through Malibu Beach and they have a fun ride to meet the Queen of England, thier home country. England, you know, like somewhere between New York and Canada. Hopefully the beaches will have killer parties! :)

Last edited:
It is Malibu Barbie's printed black shirt that says ROCK! It is covered by bunting. No extra Aliens allowed in Pod.

I think Barbie and Ken think the Xenomorphs are just some carnies traveling through Malibu Beach and they have a fun ride to meet the Queen of England, thier home country. England, you know, like somewhere between New York and Canada. Hopefully the beaches will have killer parties! :)
Fer shure! Totally!

The Flying Buttress Fins have been painted in a nicely contrasting shade of green. Fashionista Ken might be a bit color blind but he is still a rad fashion designer. Even though they may look a bit like tongue depressors, Fashionista Ken has assured me he did not skimp on the quality of materials used.
20210804_134740.jpg

Last edited:
The Flying Buttress Fins have been painted in a nicely contrasting shade of green. Fashionista Ken might be a bit color blind but he is still a rad fashion designer. Even though they may look a bit like tongue depressors, Fashionista Ken has assured me he did not skimp on the quality of materials used.
View attachment 475703
Soooo, that would be the cerebellum, aka the hind-brain?

alternatively you could say this rocket keeps its brain in its posterior, but too be more graphic might not be family friendly, and I am already in trouble with @cwbullet about my Yellow Labrador, so I don’t want to bait our truly wonderful (really no sarcasm meant here ) moderators, who keep us mostly out of the weeds. I didn’t know puppies were so political! (Lucy isn’t really a puppy, she’s 13. But she she thinks she is.)

Flew today ar SCORE. 4 second delay too long and it ejected just before impact. Moderate damage but repairable. Fashionista Ken's hair still pristine. Will go with F15 0 with a pinch of BP on top for next flight. Just not naughty enough trying to fly without major code violation, but next time is Tripoli research day!
20210807_100719.jpg20210807_100734.jpg20210807_100746.jpg20210807_100755.jpg20210807_101255.jpg
Video on Facebook Model Rocket Finatics

Did you try siming it in OR first? (kidding)

Thanks for posting the video. One of the motors must have burned out a tad earlier sending the coast horizontal and then down due to action figure weight and drag. Would have been ok if it kept going up.... Computer simulation doesn't take into account such factors. Maybe in the future an Artificial Intelligence program will just flash ABOMINATION on screen and shut down! :)

At least my other rockets, the Albatross DV and Woosher, had good flights. The burn was what I expected on the back of the pod with a vertical motor. The cant over the front was just right, no burn damage to clear section. Looking on the bright side of life, the up part was good until power cut off!

Last edited:
Back