Xavien Repair Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clear Blue

Reaction score
Resistor.jpg

I reversed the polarity of the battery connection on my Xavien XSSRT-1 and burned a resistor (I know I'm a dumb a$$!) There is a small resistor next to the battery connection (top right in the attached photo) and I think the code is 334 which makes it a 300k ohm resistor. If anyone can verify that I would really appreciate it, mine is ...well burned. Any thoughts on if I could have caused other damage with my bonehead move would be appreciated. When I saw smoke I disconnected immediately (I have a little sense anyway!) Thanks.

That is a capacitor, probably tantalum. A polarized device in parallel with the input power.

Thanks Dave, I think you are right about the component just above (next to) the terminals. But the component at the top right corner, isn't that a SMD resistor? I said 300K ohms but I checked the 334 code again and its 330, but I can't read it very well cause its burned.

That is a capacitor, probably tantalum. A polarized device in parallel with the input power.

I think you're right David, I researched tantalum capacitors and it makes sense. If it is marked 334 I guess that would be a 330 Ohm capacitor, then I just need to figure out the voltage. Its really small so must be very low voltage, right?

Back