XAVIEN: "Out Of Office" ... again

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XAVIEN

Reaction score
Folks,

I will be working in Hawaii for the rest of the month. I will be checking emails from time to time. I could be "at sea" for a few days at a time so no guarantee on how fast I can get a response to you. Products "should" be shipping as normal, we'll see. "While the cats away ......" I will be at the PMR (Pacific Missile Range) if there are any fellows from there that want to hook-up for launch (lunch, a little pun....).

Happy launching!

Best regards,
Steve

Originally posted by XAVIEN
I will be working in Hawaii for the rest of the month.

In some communities, you could be seriously maimed for posting something like this...

let's see

I'm trapped in a windowless office and you are going to Hawaii to work?

I am insanely, and possibly psychotically envious.

It was a joke, a bad one, but a joke.....

I figured it was a joke, but just to be sure :)

It will not be a picnic, working 90 to 120 hours a week in crappy conditions. No site seeing, nothing. Limited time to get stuff working for the Navy, clock is ticking so no more "fun time" for the next month. I'll either be on a boat in the middle of nowhere looking for things in the water or busting my hump in a humid wherehouse next to a coffee bean roaster and t-shirt shop fixing non-functional systems.

On a happier note, I'll have windows ;)

Steve

I'll either be on a boat in the middle of nowhere looking for things in the water or busting my hump in a humid wherehouse next to a coffee bean roaster and t-shirt shop fixing non-functional systems.

At least it isn't Bagdad!

The absolute best job related travel trip I ever heard of...

I needed a part for my sailboat and called the Hobie (catamaran) company.

I was told the "service technitian" wasn't available (this was in the dead of winter!) because...

He was at the catamaran sailing championships it Acapolco, Mexico!

Iraq is next, good chance I will be going for 6 weeks towards the end of the year for a short project. Working for a military contractor / R&D house is interesting ;)

Experiences of a lifetime :D

Steve

Back