X51 Waverider

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why...yes I have!;)

I did a bigger one too but for "somebody" else.

"Somebody" are you out there?

x-51a.jpg

Mostlyfinished.JPG

x-51aflyerfinish.JPG

closeup.JPG

Last edited:
I saw one that was a work in progress but I don't know if that was sandman's somebody so I'll wait to see who comes forward, but is was very cool looking.

Yes, I'm here! Gordon did a fantastic job on this piece for me (as if there'd be any doubt).

Working for Boeing I came up with the idea to have one commissioned from Sandman. I contacted our Program Manager out in S. Cal for some details on it. As elements of this program are still classified, I was met with some reservation. However, once I explained it they were able to point me to some details I needed.

It was meant to fly about two years ago, but my BT-80 version will fly at NSL this year on Saturday, on an SU F motor. It's significantly nose heavy, so I've attempted to compensate by adding larger fins. It'll also be recovered on two chutes, one for each section.

Yes, I'm here! Gordon did a fantastic job on this piece for me (as if there'd be any doubt).

Working for Boeing I came up with the idea to have one commissioned from Sandman. I contacted our Program Manager out in S. Cal for some details on it. As elements of this program are still classified, I was met with some reservation. However, once I explained it they were able to point me to some details I needed.

It was meant to fly about two years ago, but my BT-80 version will fly at NSL this year on Saturday, on an SU F motor. It's significantly nose heavy, so I've attempted to compensate by adding larger fins. It'll also be recovered on two chutes, one for each section.

NO PICTURES!!!!

WTF!:jaw:

AT NSL?!
WOOT! Can't wait to see it.

Latest posts

Back