X1.4: A 24mm MD prototype story. [secrets revealed!!!] by CJ

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m referring to UTC rocketmocs and our nutty secret ideas for SEDS competitions. A small scale lame rip off of Skunkworks. But anyways. Leave it to a TRFer to actually find a model rocket company, lol.

So Jim how many sheets of aluminum have you thrown in the scrap bucket while trying to mill it so far?

It is not a single post. It is the trend. When many folks, say people like myself, who have been in this hobby for a long time keep trying to correct behavior with no results this is what you get. I would love to see Andrew learn to control himself, and communicate in a more cogent and mature manner. I have made these suggestions to him, as have others, to no avail. I am concerned that if he does this in the working world he is going to have serious career issues. People skills are important, and he needs to improve these skills ASAP.

And now that the individual being referenced is aware of this thread, he has started spewing trash into it as well...

Looking forward to what you have going Jim, it will be an interesting build as usual.

715150FD-A0D4-43B6-82B1-4A806973D4AF.jpeg I met Crazy Jim at ROSCO. He is the rocket therapist as far as I know.

Oh no worries mates.
I can fix him!

Nothing that a handful of oxy-cotton bunnies, 30,000 volts & a shock collar won't cure!
These are quite the fashion now days for persona non grata candidates....

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, now I see where you went wrong aerodynamically and why they are so hard to machine.

Why don’t you airfoil a 24mm MD rocket first before commenting on it being aerodynamically wrong? Oh that’s right. Crickets. I’ve hit a wall with laser sintering where parts including government airfoils can’t be made smaller or thinner. At least CJ here is building a rocket with diamond airfoils.

Ok ... we got some Q & A time here.
Then I need to address those with some serious issues going on here.
Remember THIS is Satire!

Ok first up:

Well I ciphered over this conundrum quite a while...Then IT happened, I remembered the newly released Birdman Rtx V2.0 oh my!
So I sent in my boxtops & bottle bottoms & quickly received my wings made of Tin & special decoder rings.
Main....
View attachment 362670
...and back up
These should keep pretty good "eye on things"..in case of decoder failure.

View attachment 362669

I have enlisted several fellow member Birdmen [& Birdwoman} to aid in tracking. very simple actually.

View attachment 362671 View attachment 362673 View attachment 362672

This is known as "passive tracking".
We hope the rocket passes by one of the Birdmen[women] AND they SEE it.
No batteries to charge or worry about. No added weight to rockets No antenna to bend and stuff into something.

A teeny tiny mirror chip is glued on upper surface of airframe. After launch, the suns rays which travel trough space at some time continuum related to the speed of light and how fast you chew gum are reflected off the teeny tiny mirror and send gamma rays to strategically located Birdmen's decoder ring.
Location is then dicomboomulated and sent back for recovery.......
But don't try to locate one or even understand it....it's beyond comprehension of ordinary men, I assure you. UNLESS you are a paid up member of SAIDS TEAM. Even then it's he said this, & she said that, who the heck realyy knows..who said what to who..or whom as the case may be....

Here is Manual for Birman TrX V2.0 system..of course it's totally lacking in depth like all supplied manuals. No worries I have a note sent via carrier pigeon,to get a clearer understanding.

View attachment 362678

Ps There really is a build going on after I straighten things out!!

"Some call me the gangster of Love"...stealth

Professor CJ, I have a question about the Birdman TRX 2.0 instructional diagram. As you are aware, I fly mostly at Bong Recreation Area, which you have experienced too. I believe you have an important omission- where are the spotters located in the swamp, the cornfield, and if you get really astray the soybean fields?

Why don’t you airfoil a 24mm MD rocket first before commenting on it being aerodynamically wrong? Oh that’s right. Crickets. I’ve hit a wall with laser sintering where parts including government airfoils can’t be made smaller or thinner. At least CJ here is building a rocket with diamond airfoils.
I'm afraid without an Australian Research Sharing Engagement (ARSE) I cannot share my efforts in Ant Scale Incredibly Neatly-filleted Integrated Nearly-airfoil Effects (codename ASININE). I'm sure you'll understand, it's like ITAR but enforced by the Emu army so it's much scarier.

I'm afraid without an Australian Research Sharing Engagement (ARSE) I cannot share my efforts in Ant Scale Incredibly Neatly-filleted Integrated Nearly-airfoil Effects (codename ASININE). I'm sure you'll understand, it's like ITAR but enforced by the Emu army so it's much scarier.
Only thing scarier than a ARSE Emu is one fueled by Fosters...

What about the Drop Bears? Or are those the ARSE Black Ops covert security squad that is secretly in charge of the Emus?

What about the Drop Bears? Or are those the ARSE Black Ops covert security squad that is secretly in charge of the Emus?

Alas, drop bears - the carnivorous marsupial lion - died out more than 10,000 years ago.

It’s the seals who slap you with squids that you have to be worried about.

I'm just picturing people handing eachother nose cones to scratch and sniff, "Howie, come here and try this... It's Lavender Mint!"

Fantastic thread. Good sense of humor by most.

Jim, like many others, contribute so much to the hobby and that includes humor.

And now that the individual being referenced is aware of this thread, he has started spewing trash into it as well...

I dunno, at least he has a sense of humor about it.

Oh you really don't want the Dropbear Undercover Monitoring Patrols to get involved. You have to take DUMP seriously.

Just when you think Australia can't get more poisonous, we meet the stinging gympie tree (actually real). Touching it can give stings that are painful years later. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrocnide_moroides Probably marginally worse than vegemite. Maybe.

IT'S ALIVE!

Things have been so bad lately, I thought ya'll needed a good belly laugh so i am awaking this thread.

Just remember when starting the read...it's a SPOOF on how serious we sometimes take ourselves. Rocketry Humane Society has approved it and NO rocketeers nor rockets were harmed during the making of SAID thread...oooo it rhymes.

So go back to the first post...put your glue questions aside and don't drink anything while reading as U may spit it all over your device.

Stay safe everyone

Ps no Politicians were harmed either, although I did try my best.

Remember.......I HAVE MY EYE ON U !

DSCN0782.jpg

Back