X-Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

U812

Reaction score
So it gets pretty boring pouring up resin parts all day and I have to wait a bit for things to set up before I de-mold them.

So you look around and every where you look are nose cones and boats tails. Body Tubes. So it doesn't take much time for the mind to wander.

This is the result.

She's 25 and a quarter inches long. BT-60. X-15 nose. V-23 tail. And the fins are laser cut. Left over from the elevators that were cut for my TA-183 Huckebein kits from years ago. I found a stack of them. A little angle cut and and they made nice fins.

I don't know if I'll kit it or not. It's decent size and should fly nice on a D. Could even go E.

Steve

X-Rocket_1.jpg

X-Rocket_2.jpg

X-Rocket_3.jpg

Thanks guys I appreciate the comments.

Steve

Cool 50's Sci-Fi look. The paint scheme takes it from nice to really cool. :cool:

You know, parts-commonality makes kit design easier...!

Are you sufficiently hinted? :D

N

Thanks guys I'm pleased you like it. And tbzep you hit the nail on the head. thanks.

And yes ranger it's on the my site. I might as well eh?

Thanks a bunch,

Steve

So I was able to fit with ease a 24mm motor mount in the boat tail. This means it can be done to the V-23 as well NP.

With a D-12 this will be a high flyer no doubt. It's lighter than the X-15 so it should be a hot tailed beastie.

Steve

IMG_2985.jpg

D-mount1.jpg

D-mount2.jpg

Back