X-Prize Special

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasrau

Reaction score
Just a reminder that tonight at 9pm (eastern) the Discovery Channel is airing a special called "Black Sky". Its about Burt Rutan and his SpaceShip 1.

What an exhilarating feeling it must be to work on such a project.

The show as great with breathtaking on-board footage. I'm really glad to see they were able to make the second flight today! Go SS1!

the feed is also giving me trouble .... make sure to tune in to cnn..
35 min till seperation.!

The feed problems are on the server end. Same thing happened last week. I get about 3 seconds of coverage followed by 2 minutes of frozen picture.

Webcast is working fine for me now at 56k...

Phil

Between the screen freezes, I gathered that they made it by a good margin. Looks like the XPrize is won. You know what's amazing??? Howsabout a < 1 week turnaround? Ever see NASA come anywhere close to that?

I just *love* how the news media can skew the facts, either out of ignorance or in an attempt to sell their version of the story. Right now on the cbsnews.com website (surprised?) the sub-headline reads: "Last week's pilot was replaced, after the ship had unexpected rolls on its flight."

They're actually trying to make it sound like Mike Melville was kicked off the flight!!!

Originally posted by illini
I just *love* how the news media can skew the facts, either out of ignorance or in an attempt to sell their version of the story. Right now on the cbsnews.com website (surprised?) the sub-headline reads: "Last week's pilot was replaced, after the ship had unexpected rolls on its flight."

They're actually trying to make it sound like Mike Melville was kicked off the flight!!!
CBS? As in "Complete B---S---"!? :D :D :D

Did I just hear Burt Rutan utter the words "Spaceship Two"???? I suppose this will be the vehicle he'll be delivering to Virgin Galactic?

Back