WRS Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Could the mods please remove this post on the 9th of July , this up-coming Sunday please as it isn't of much use after tomorow.

Is there anyone attending the WRS launch on the 10th of July? I will be going flying the following items :

Estes Bull-Pup
Estes BlueNinja
Estes moded Big Daddy , maybe on 4 D12-5's staged from D12-0's if it's stable!!Heads - Up

unward Ice-Storm
And the Tottaling of my Estes Wizard :p

Karl

Right it's after the launch and I have taken 87 pictures. Even though there wasn't many launches , the day was class ! I lost the Estes Bull-Pup , and the Ice-storm turned 90 as soon as it left the rail , and did a nice ark and did a powered decent. The nosecone was completely buried the body tube was crumpled and a 1cm zipper was at the tip of the tube. Now it's time to resize the pictures & upload x 87 :p
Karl

Arriving to the launch site in Rainhill.
Karl

The launch pad with the controller at the bottom centre. The pad worked great , and only suffered minor damage due to exhaust , a blast deflector is in need next time.
Karl

Loading the Bull Pup onto the rail , this thing was a little monster to get going!!

The first attempt resulted in the launch controller needing a slight change ( Contacts where touching).

The 2nd attempt made the Nichrome wire heat up instead of firing the Pyrogen , and setting fire to the little paper resistor on the Estes igniter.

3rd Attempt fired it perfectly :eek: Hooray!

Karl

Preparing to heavily THUMP through those clouds , Hellllllll Yeah! (C6-5)
Karl

The launch-pad that was opposite mine , property of Chris for Manchester Uni.
Karl

After the Ice-Storm crashed I descoverd that even with the little hook keeping the motor in , the motor still managed to kick it's self out :confused: :confused: :confused:
Karl

Ice-Storm's crumple in the tube. How could I fix this? Take off the vinyl stickering that covers the bt ( or some of it at-least ) , Glass it so its nice & straight , or just take off the stickering and cover the crimp in thin CA?
Karl

The nosecone that was a bit* to get out!!!!!
Karl

The zipper in the bodytube.....Noooo the nosecone doesn't fit anymore! How can this be fixed?
Karl

Richard with his salad bowl waiting to go on a D12-3
Karl

Salad bowl doing a slight wobble on it's way up.
Karl

Im not sure what this is , I think it may have been Chris's raptor seperating at apogee from a AE F21. He isn't having much luck with that rocket , the ejection burnt through STEEL wire :confused:
Karl

During the launch these balloons started to appear ( about 50 of them ) . I captured one and it was from a Primary Schools balloon race. So I let it back to fly :)
The strange thing is , is that if there was a primary school near by we would of seen them flying across the launch site . But the balloons where about 10-20ft high , they seemed to just float from no where :confused:
Karl

Chris's rocket called Ike , on a D12-7 , the nosecone seperated at ejection but both items where retrieved.

The streamer that was used to recover the rocket.
Karl

Martins sweet fin can with a Aerosleeve carbon-fibre 'sock' to cover it.
Karl

The Carbon-Fibre on the inside of the fincan . That thing was smooooooth!
Karl

The nicely made fins. I'm not sure what these are called but they are so aerodynamic
Karl

Martins rocket , it looks sweet! Ready to rock on a D12-5
Karl

Back