WRESAT Sparta plans

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndyDon

Reaction score
I am looking for plans to build the Australian Sparta "WreSat" rocket. It is related to the redstobe rocket. I need more details for the transition and upper capsule. For what I can find online seems to provide enough detail. Thank you in advance.

Don

Peter Alway's "Rockets of the World" has dimensional drawings and liveries. Available on the NAR website for $30. I've seen it on Amazon for close to $200.
Although he has said in a recent post that he doesn't mind people posting his drawings as long as they give proper credit, I am loathe to post a copyrighted document here. PM me for a scan of the drawings. I highly recommend his book.

Peter Alway has drawings and paint schemes for the Sparta and Wresat in his "Rockets of the World". (It is on pages 212-215 in my third edition). Boyce Aerospace has a 3D printed Sparta and Wresat nose cone for sale. They also sell the Redstone 3D printed fin unit.

Here's my dimensioned drawing:

Redstone Sparta 1of2.gif

And here are the markings. Since making this drawing, I have found a photo that shows the Kangaroo and name insignia is on both sides, 180 degrees apart:

Redstone Sparta 2of2.gif

Hello,
I would like to thank everyone for the replies and a special thanks to the person that provided the drawings seen above. That is what I was looking for. These drawings provide much better details for the upcoming build. The measurements at each transition as well as the proper diameter will allow a better guess for an acurate representation. I plan to be using a 4" body tube which was left over from a build that will take place with the Mercury Redstone recently purchased from Boyce aerospace.

Merry Christmas to all. Don

Back