Wraps for SA-205 Apollo 7 Saturn 1B, Revision 3.2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosko_racer

Reaction score
Along with the latests Apollo threads, I have updated the wraps I created a few years ago. With the exception of the command module wrap, I added details to all the other wraps to reflect a more accurate SA-205, re-drew the capsule protective cover, and resized both the capsule and protective cover wraps to fit the NC better.

I already forwarded a copy to those who asked for these in the past. These are free, just send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a copy. Feedback is always welcome. Compensation is not necesary but also welcome.

Here are a the screen shots (lower resolution) of the wraps.

wraps001.jpg

wraps002.jpg

wraps003.jpg

Thanks for the freebie Raul. They look great and I will have to build one now :D I "think" I have a Zooch 1B somewhere amongst the kit collection. If memory serves I bought it at NARAM-46, I wonder if the model is still the same ? I guess I could buy another if I cant find the first one or if it somehow has changed ?

Perfect timing (your post & subject); I'm working on my Estes K-29 1/70 scale
Saturn 1-B as I write this. Got to apply the decals and other markings (those
that are NOT on the Estes/Semroc decal sheets) and the detailing of the Service Module (pretty much the same as the diagrams/pics you posted). Hope to get most of this work done this coming weekend. Thanks for posting
those pics!

These wraps were made for Dr Zooch's Saturn 1B. If you are looking for something in a bigger scale you may want to search for paper models of the 1B. I am sure they are out there. I just have not looked.

These wraps were made for Dr Zooch's Saturn 1B. If you are looking for something in a bigger scale you may want to search for paper models of the 1B. I am sure they are out there. I just have not looked.

Already done that. Have the patterns ready on my work table along with the
materials that will be used. Just gotta get in there and get to work. Maybe
when I'm finished I'll take and post some pics in this thread (among others)....;)

I used bright white paper to print the command module wrap and the capsule wraps at high quality. The tanks and the rest of the wraps I used glossy inkjet paper... do not remember if I used the glossy side or the other side of the paper as it was more satin looking. I printed the tank wraps on High gloss photo paper and later coated it with krylon clear... when I rolled them the coat pelled off. So I recommend that you experiment with different kinds of papers and gloss coats before you commit to these wraps.

Already done that. Have the patterns ready on my work table along with the
materials that will be used. Just gotta get in there and get to work. Maybe
when I'm finished I'll take and post some pics in this thread (among others)....;)

Which revision: 3 or 3.2?

I have a "printer friendly" version of the wraps available. Some printers, like my Canon i850, cannot print if the graphics or text fall in the .5 inch margin all around. So I have a file where none of the wraps fall within that margin. PM me if you need the printer friendly version.

Which revision: 3 or 3.2?

Not sure what you mean by revision: 3 or 3.2; I'm using some of the files found on the Space Paper Models Yahoo Group server that has some nice,
detailed layouts of the SA-205 Saturn 1-B. I can't attach the link here because the file size is too big :(:mad:. I printed out the Service Module
page and then re sized it to fit the body tube of my Estes K-29 model; I'm
using it only as a guide as I'll be using chrome adhesive wraps and corrugated
paper panels for the detailing. The RCS is coming from the Apogee Apollo Capsule kit.

Not sure what you mean by revision: 3 or 3.2; I'm using some of the files found on the Space Paper Models Yahoo Group server that has some nice,
detailed layouts of the SA-205 Saturn 1-B. I can't attach the link here because the file size is too big :(:mad:. I printed out the Service Module
page and then re sized it to fit the body tube of my Estes K-29 model; I'm
using it only as a guide as I'll be using chrome adhesive wraps and corrugated
paper panels for the detailing. The RCS is coming from the Apogee Apollo Capsule kit.

Oh, Ok then. I thought you were going to use my wraps for another 1B project. I just subscribed to that group. Once membership is approved I will dive to see what I can find.

Thanks for the upgrades Raul, your redrawn wraps added some nice detail and the CSM is realy nice. Here is a shot of mine complete. Just gotta get her a flight in now.

Christmas 2012 056.jpgChristmas 2012 057.jpgChristmas 2012 058.jpg

I am working on one myself... actually working on 5 rockets at the same time, but two of them are 1Bs from Dr Zooch. Making some changes to the file: one less page to print and working on the capsule wrap... it seems that is the hardest part to get right...

Sat1B-Wraps-Rev5.0-January 2013 - Printer Friendly.jpg

The wraps have been revised, some work on the capsule files to make them fit better. Also changed the suggestion pages and updated the tips thanks to recent feedback and printing events. Now they are on the v5.0 January 2013. Also working on making a wrap for the Spacecraft-LM Adapter.

To those that have or intend to use these wraps: Send me feedback as you use them. If you encounter any difficulties PM me and I will get back to you.

Latest posts

Back