Wow. Marco Polo is amazing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RalPh8

Reaction score
So I know I'm not the first and definitely won't be the last but if you havent tried the Marco Polo tracker yet for your rockets... then you're missing out! As far as bang for your buck It's got to be the best tracker in it's price range that is turn key ready. I launched a LOC Aura on a G74 and that went somewhere in the neighborhood of 2500ft up. I hollowed out the nosecone and shoved a Marco Polo tracker in there just before flight. I synched it up with the handheld receiver while on the pad and then let her go. Needless to say I lost sight of the rocket. But the receiver kept beeping out a tone. Sure enough I got an arrow and followed it right to the middle of a horse pasture. It ended up saying I was 99% proximity and had an arrow pointing directly in front of me. I looked down and there was the tracker. It had fallen off from the 550 cord I had epoxied on it. From there I was able to plot a line from the launch pad to where I found the tracker and maybe another 200 yards directly down that line lay the rocket. I have to say I'm very impressed with the Marco Polo. I would've never found the rocket if it weren't for the little device. Also the fact that the unit worked so good it let me find a thumb size tracker in the middle of a 40 acre pasture is amazing. I never messed with tracking electronics till now. Now I don't know if I'll ever go back. In other news, whats the best way to attach the marco polo trackers to the rockets that don't have a seperate payload bay? The shear force of the ejection charge caused the epoxy to rip right off the heat shrink around the transmitter.

Back