WOW...Magnum is for sale!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
Just got notice via Ross's email list that he's putting Magnum up for sale due to health issues. I sure hope that someone with a passion for this hobby gets the business. Interesting terms - you have to be a prior customer to buy it. Of course, he has 1000s of customers.

I wish Ross the best and hope his issues get resolved!

Hope it stays in Ohio!
Hmm...maybe I'll just throw my own bid in there.

Originally posted by n3tjm
I hope that whoever buys it is as nice as Ross, and keeps the prices down :).

I can't figure out the part about having to have been a Magnum customer in order to buy it. I mean, loyalty is a great thing, but he seems to be making it hard on himself it.

Prehaps he wants to make sure that a person who loves the hobby buys his store vs. some suit that wants to make a fast buck...

Just my $0.02 worth...

Originally posted by KarlD
Prehaps he wants to make sure that a person who loves the hobby buys his store vs. some suit that wants to make a fast buck...

Just my $0.02 worth...
So if you never bought from Magnum you don't love the hobby?!? I have to agree with DynaSoar.

Ross has a history of favoring his customers even if potentially limiting his profits. After the AT fire he reportedly was offered big money for his entire stock of AT motors. Instead he offered them to past customers and limited the amount anyone could buy.

I don't know if this will make it hard on him or not. If he doesn't get a bite he can always change his approach.

Granted, not everyone who loves the hobby and would be a good owner (good for us that is) is a past customer. But a good percentage probably are.

Back