Would you like to see a 24mm reloadable G

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunno

Results are only viewable after voting.

Donaldsrockets

Reaction score
Since I would like to see a 24mm reloadable G motor for my oddrocs and some of my other 24mm birds.

I was just wondering if anyone else was interested in seeing one as well.

Maybe Joe Burger will read this thread.

sure would , but they would probably be too long for any of my 24mm rockets !

I'd buy one.... two actually.

They should also come out with the 24/80 in conjunction with the 24/120

How about a 24/480!

Oh, wait... I am now in the Kosdon mind set ;)

Kosdon stuff...ahh...good ideas here. PH still gets and sells his stuff for use at unaffiliated and independent launches. If you shell out the cash for the case you can get an E40 (full E) reload for $4 a piece! Also speaking of Kos...daveyfire..didn't you tell me Frank made an 18mm G that was like a G1000 once?

Originally posted by marvSRG
Kosdon stuff...ahh...good ideas here. PH still gets and sells his stuff for use at unaffiliated and independent launches. If you shell out the cash for the case you can get an E40 (full E) reload for $4 a piece! Also speaking of Kos...daveyfire..didn't you tell me Frank made an 18mm G that was like a G1000 once?

Check that...went to the PH site. Almost a full E (35NS) and $3.00!! .90 second burn. Way cool.

Originally posted by marvSRG
Also speaking of Kos...daveyfire..didn't you tell me Frank made an 18mm G that was like a G1000 once?

18mm G and 13mm E motors. They was nuts... very cute little things, but they beat the snot out of any rocket you put them in! Frank flew one of the G motors a long time ago in a friend's VB Extreme 24... never saw it again! Just a BANG, a blur, and a little rod whip, and no rocket!

Originally posted by Donaldsrockets
Since I would like to see a 24mm reloadable G motor for my oddrocs and some of my other 24mm birds.

I was just wondering if anyone else was interested in seeing one as well.

Maybe Joe Burger will read this thread.

I'm always for more power in a smaller diameter.

Congreve are trailing a great range at affordable prices. Can't wait for them to be in a position to supply and waiting we all have been. I know it's to do with bureaucracy but it's frustrating.

Ray's Rocketry

I would love 24mm G's that aren't SU, get a radio tracker and you can make a better machbuster (smaller dia.)

I would love to see 24mm RMS G motors! My scratch built AMRAAM is so heavy even a D12 or E9 wont lift it! So roll on those RMS!

I'm going to build a 24mm G rocket for altitude competition. I want (or need:D) bigger G motors that are widely available. Aerotech isn't making em no more and Ellis mt ones are nice but aren't full Gs.

Casings would be nice but just increase the rocket's value. I might just lose this thing and I don't need the pain of a casing.

I'm first in line for Congreve motors! An H288 in a 24mm casing sounds too good to be true! But it's too tempting!!! Must build carbon tube!!!

How about talking with the motor cert guys to see if we can fly them in competitiion over here? I can just see a 24mm rocket busting mach 2 maybe!!! Wahoo. Mach 2 ain't for lvl3 no more!!!

Sorry, I'm drooling over the keyboard!:D :D :D :p :rolleyes:

Originally posted by GL-P
I'm going to build a 24mm G rocket for altitude competition. I want (or need:D) bigger G motors that are widely available. Aerotech isn't making em no more and Ellis mt ones are nice but aren't full Gs.

Casings would be nice but just increase the rocket's value. I might just lose this thing and I don't need the pain of a casing.

I'm first in line for Congreve motors! An H288 in a 24mm casing sounds too good to be true! But it's too tempting!!! Must build carbon tube!!!

How about talking with the motor cert guys to see if we can fly them in competitiion over here? I can just see a 24mm rocket busting mach 2 maybe!!! Wahoo. Mach 2 ain't for lvl3 no more!!!

Sorry, I'm drooling over the keyboard!:D :D :D :p :rolleyes:

try going EX, I have a 24mm casing that sims out to a mid H motor. that thing will rip if I ever make a motor for it

Originally posted by Ryan S.
that is just US rockets, you can get them over here, but they are not certed and are shipped illegally

I thought i remembered that. I wouldn't hold my breath for the Congreve versions to be certed or DOT classified either.

try going EX, I have a 24mm casing that sims out to a mid H motor. that thing will rip if I ever make a motor for it

I will have a test rocket for ya! Sounds sweet!!! How long is the casing??? I might just go EX after I get it back and shove in a 24mm H. Nice dreams!!!

Originally posted by AlexNUMB
24mm G reload would = a lot of lost reload casings.

That may be the sole negative about it but I don't think anyone would use them in machbusters or any other rocket of that kind.

I would mostly use them in my Art Applewhite oddrocs, those need all the power you can give them.

I can't imagine what my Scimitar and Stealth 24mm oddrocs would do on a 24mm RMS G48W:D

Now I have to agree with both of the previous posts. I personally have no interest in that power for what, for me, have historically bee 'throw-away rockets. Then Donald mucked up the works and said 'saucers' :D

I am sure these G and H motors will be popular over here for minimum diameter altitude attempts.

Altitude attempts don't have a guaranteed recovery and do have high value kit in them - thats just part of the deal. Stick a Traxa www.traxa.co.uk in and stand a good chance of getting it back. I havn't needed mine yet but it's good insurance.

My Estes Phoenix is SCREAMING for a 24mm reload!!! (It's a pun...get it?) Anyway - it's pretty heavy, and I really can't get it much over 900 feet with the available 24mm loads.

Loopy

Why don't you try an Ellis Mountain 24mm single use first and see if you like. They make a cute little G30 something in that flavor.:D

Back