Would this work??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Countdown Hobbies do the right thing and reimburse Squirrel Works?

• Full Refund

• Partial reimbursement

• Will give more empty promises about a refund.

• Ha! No Way!

• Full Refund

• Partial reimbursement

• Will give more empty promises about a refund.

• Ha! No Way!

Results are only viewable after voting.

karatekicker271

Reaction score
OK, my dads friend is into remote cotrol airplanes and stuff like that. He is wanting to use a D-12 to get this remote control glider up in the air. He doesnt want to use a rocket to get the glider up there, and me and my dad were thinking about solutions we could do. I was sitting in bed, trying to go to sleep and thinking about what we could do. I thought, (this might not work I dont no if it is even possible so....) Have some noseweight to balance it out when it goes up. Figure out how much a burnt D-12-5 would weigh, and use the ejection charge to blow off the noseweight we used to balance it out when it went up. I dunno if this would work, or if it even makies any sense!

Well, I have some experience with this. Well, I have tryed it ONCE. I don't think I will try it again because it was a little scary and not smart. Anyway, it was on an E9. I do not recommend it. What material are your wings made of? If it is any kind of plastic, it will melt. Especialluy the tail. That is what happened to me.:( :rolleyes: :(

Depends how much nose weight , and if you where to try this , have a steamer attached to the nose weight just incase .

I can see it now...
Smoke everywhere, cant see a thing, and this glider comes flyin out of nowhere and almost nails you...

What is the size of the glider? All of mine are 2 meter sailplanes and a D12 would probably only get it about 10 feet off of the ground. I have flown one of them (a Goldberg Electra) with an Aerotech E-15 that was ignited once the sailplane made it up to about 100 feet on its electric motor. The E15 was mounted on a bracket under the fuselage, behind the wing, pointing up through the center of gravity. It got about another 100 feet after the burn. The plane was heavy enough that it didn't get up enough speed during the burn to really hurt anything.

Back