Worst paper cuts?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixontj93060

Reaction score
No really, any stories? I was packing boxes this morning and I got one on my thumb knuckle but not straight in--kind of a cross cut. Been bleeding and stinging for 5 hours now.

(John Haught, if you see blood stains inside your motor shipping box, you know I sacrificed for you :)!)

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1468864760.565151.jpg

I sliced the bloody f*** out of my thumb once...on a newspaper :p THAT one I'll never forget...

Been there done that lots of times ,. Smacked my thumb with roofing hammer Saturday afternoon,great feeling yet

Tim
I was told the reason a paper cut hurts so much is because of the chemicals used in making the paper. You need to rinse out a paper cut right after is happens to get chemicals out before the get absorbed into the wound

Tim
I was told the reason a paper cut hurts so much is because of the chemicals used in making the paper. You need to rinse out a paper cut right after is happens to get chemicals out before the get absorbed into the wound

Wow Gary, never knew that. Learn something every day.

I've gotten some nasty ones...more often they're cardboard boxes or even those plastic clamshells (however I guess that's a plastic cut).

Instant spray on bandage works great for covering up the cut after you clean it properly.

On a somewhat related story, I once ordered something and was talking to the seller on the phone (who happened to be packing up my box) and next thing I know he screams and then tells me he just got serious burns on his arm from the heavy duty hot glue gun he was using to seal my box...he apologized and said he had to go right away to the hospital. :eyepop:

I hate paper cuts and I've had a ton of them. You just don't expect them when they happen(unlike the razor knife cut you knew was coming because you were holding the piece wrong and visualized it right before it happened ) One of my worst fears/dreams--paper cut in the eye !!!! Oh Jeeze, that's right there with spiders in the bed !!!

Work related file folder paper cuts suck....2 weeks ago..gnarly paper cut from a drywall repair to index and middle finger...every way possible....can't type or touch it still...

Paper cuts? Ha, I've spent the last 27 years working on offset web presses. An offset web press prints on paper from a large roll in a continuous strip from the back of the press to the front, where it is cut and folded. The strip of paper or "web" on my particular press is approximately 140 feet long and can be anywhere from 15 to 38 inches wide, traveling between 495 to 1000 feet per minute.
I've had paper cuts on my nose, ears, cheeks, armpit, upper arms, lower arms, fingers, in between fingers,chest, belly and knees.
At this point I'm not bothered by them anymore.

As for the chemicals in paper making the pain intense, it's not so much the chemicals ( although the stuff used to make paper is quite nasty) it's the edge of the paper itself. The edge of a sheet of paper is not smooth, rather it is serrated like a steak knife. It's the paper "sawing" into your skin that makes it hurt so much.

Last edited:
Back