World's Smallest Production V8 Engine

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised how poor of performance that it has, four and a half horsepower for $1,500 ....I don't think so

It's nothing about the exhaust note for me. Just make the horses and put them on the road. Noise to me is just pretentious. YMMV.

And yes, I own a V8.
Pretentious? It's just part of the experience. And for me an enjoyable part.

Watch an early 1970's Trans Am race with the volume on vs off. You're telling me the sound of those V-8 motors don't add to the experience?

Motor racing is a different kettle of kipper. Noise adds to the vibe at the track.
When I'm driving our '69 Camaro SS 350, that I installed headers and shorty header mufflers on... I'm not racing, just tooling around.

But the sound while I'm rowing through the gears adds to the vibe too. In spades.

It's like a time machine, back to the good old days.

001.JPG

Last edited:
But, 2.5hp per cubic inch is nothing to sneeze at! That'd be like a naturally aspirated Ford 302 making ~764hp.
1.7 cubic inches is approx. 28cc/4.5hp if you size it up about 3 times to get 100cc that would be 13.5hp.
100cc kart racing engines produce 28hp

1.7 cubic inches is approx. 28cc/4.5hp if you size it up about 3 times to get 100cc that would be 13.5hp.
100cc kart racing engines produce 28hp

Yeah, and those are single-cylinder two-strokes. Apples:Sasquatch. I had a CR250 that produced about the same power per CC. Totally different beast.

Two-stroke engines always produce more power per CC, but they run dirty, which is why 4-stroke engines are preferred.

I have an IT200S 2 stroke dirt bike. It only weighs 200lbs, and is running about 18HP after porting. :) It'll do 90 on a trail, lol.
Back in the 70's there was the most awesome motorcycle ever made, the TZ750, a 4 cylinder 2-stroke road race bike. They weren't legal on the street, but could be made so by adding lights. :)
I passed a cop on i285 around atlanta at about 160; he didn't bother to pull out. :)

Two-stroke engines always produce more power per CC, but they run dirty, which is why 4-stroke engines are preferred.
"The high combustion temperatures of small, air-cooled engines may also produce NOx emissions. However, with direct fuel injection and a sump-based lubrication system, a modern two-stroke engine can produce air pollution no worse than a four-stroke, and can achieve higher thermodynamic efficiency."

"The high combustion temperatures of small, air-cooled engines may also produce NOx emissions. However, with direct fuel injection and a sump-based lubrication system, a modern two-stroke engine can produce air pollution no worse than a four-stroke, and can achieve higher thermodynamic efficiency."
Where is the quote from?

Where is the quote from?
Wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-s...,can achieve higher thermodynamic efficiency.
or read about Evinrudes low emmissions:
Evinrude engines have the lowest overall reportable emissions, and significantly less carbon monoxide output than four stroke outboards. It’s part of our commitment to protect our waters for generations to come.
https://www.evinrude.com/en-CA/cleaner.htmlThe only outboard to be 100% Global Emissions Compliant

Hmm...

Even the wiki article where that quote is used says [Citation needed].

I'm a little skeptical of two stroke emissions matching a four stroke.

I forgot about those. What years were they made?

Laverda endurance racer with shaft drive. Never made as a street bike. Which was a real shame.

Back in the 70's there was the most awesome motorcycle ever made, the TZ750, a 4 cylinder 2-stroke road race bike.

287215704_7490718617665638_5004739661600162797_n.jpg

Sex on wheels. That would have been completely insane on the street. I want a turn now.

Seems like one of those things I'd buy, I would need to have, could not live without, then I'd kick myself in the ass over it for years afterwards for buying something that I could not use, anywhere.

Back